# 22 (permalink)  

Good to see you Vman.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi, Vman!
Old 02-01-2018, 12:28 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good to see you Vman! I will be paying a visit to Paris in about a fortnight for work.

Yesterday evening it was very quiet out - typical Wednesday in January. This evening it is many times busier. Of course Thursdays are a bit busier most weeks but I suppose a lot of people are enjoying the end of dry January. I suppose at least it's good they stopped for a month, not something I ever did when I was drinking.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hey friends,

I hope you are all keeping well. I’ve been having an extremely hard time at work. I got dragged into my line managers office last October and she said that there was a complaint against me as I wasn’t being helpful enough to other people but I tried to explain at the time that I was swamped with work as it was. But she didn’t believe me. So this week one of my colleagues went to our line manager to ask for help with some things which was refused. So then we all got dragged up to her office for a “meeting” which lasted over an hour. Our line manager said she had been in work “doing research” until 8 PM the previous night and what she discovered “shocked” her. So she said “out of the 5 of you Tetra has the heaviest work load by far. In 2017 alone she typed and sent out almost 3000 letters”.

Now I did explain that my consultant goes to another hospital every second Monday and the secretary there does that typing. So she asked “how many days is that?” So I said it’s roughly about 2 days a month which equals roughly about 80 letters a month”. So she said “that eases my concerns some what but even so you are still head and shoulders above the others when it comes to the work load”. I also told her that every letter my consultant gets, every single CT scan report that comes back - he asks for “notes please” which means that I was in medical records in the basement last Monday pulling some thing like 30 charts. She did say “yeah I can see how that would be time consuming”.

I tried to explain this last October when I got dragged into the kangaroo court to explain why I wasn’t helpful enough toward others. It’s nice to be believed finally.

She also said that since I’m only a grade III and every one else in the office is grade IV that she is pulling me off bed management from next week on going forward.

It was music to my ears and it’s a real weight off my shoulders. At last I can relax.

And I hope things are going well for all of you.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:35 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations, Tetra!

Old 02-01-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

That's great news Tetra!
Old 02-01-2018, 03:51 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Glad you were recognized for great work Tetra!!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi all. Hanging at the airport now, waiting for a flight 3 hours from now. Sigh...I still feel a bit wobbly and still plan to hang out here until I board. Will probably read a book I have on my device, maybe watch a video.

Bim...just one city away by plane, for biz. This was a short 2-day trip.

Thx for the greeting, Sao!

Good to be here.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Way to kill it Tetra!

In a similar vein, I was frustrated with a machine at work today so I left early and made a sales call.

Nailed it in one visit. Biggest frame shop chain in town is now our customer.

BAM!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Look at you, Trach ‘n’ Tetra!
Old 02-01-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this Bix

Congrats on the overdue recognition Tera

D
Old 02-01-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Tetra, that is wonderful. I'm sooo happy for you. All that hard work is paying off. What did your dad have to say about that?
Old 02-01-2018, 08:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I ran into an old friend I had not seen in a year at the airport and visited for the whole time before my flight, then it turned out we had seats across the aisle from each other, and talked all the way home. Very nice.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello, new to this group. Weekends are a high risk time for me, before I would drink from Friday afternoon until Sunday lunchtime. But this weekend will be different, I have planned activities. Good luck to everyone, stay strong.
Old 02-01-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders ZBeeblebrox! Good thinking on those planned activities.

We have auditors paying a visit to work today, last year they made me feel guilty and uncomfortable even though I had nothing to hide. At least it is Friday.
Old 02-02-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Mr

Auditors are a bit special alright. Power....
Old 02-02-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning. I’m starting my Friday Tired, but grateful to not be hungover! May you all have an awesome day!!
Old 02-02-2018, 03:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Welome to weekenders ZBeeblebrox.

I have to deal with Auditors too. It's worst after a system change but then they tend to ask the same questions next year. I'm always careful to document my responses.

Had a drinking dream last night. I think because of all the media reports on dry January and people they interviewed who are going right back to drinking.

I have today of!
Old 02-02-2018, 06:16 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in!

We are getting ready for a giant audit here. We have been getting ready for over a year. The auditors will be on campus this fall. It's been a ton of extra work, but I actually like it, because it has forced us all to be more organized, and has brought a lot of problems to the surface. Being an administrator, this pleases me. I like consistency, and that has been lacking here for a long time. I also like clearly outlined procedures, which have also been lacking.

No big plans this weekend, which suits me fine. It's very cold here, so not much in the way of leaving the house. I'll be spending time going through my clothes closet and armoire, because they are overflowing. I need a good purge. I will get a huge sense of satisfaction from that. I'll also be spending plenty of time reading for the class I'm taking now. I love the class, but it's a lot of work. The professor is a super interesting and eccentric guy - also very funny, at least I think so. A lot of his humor goes right over the heads of most of the students in the class. Sometimes I'm the only one laughing. I don't know if that makes me weird? Anyway, I'm always entertained.

If you are struggling this weekend, stick close to here!