Notices

Thinking back almost a year

Old 01-31-2018, 04:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
J50

Thinking back almost a year

I'm on day 79 and feel good. I've cleaned up my diet, been lifting and doing cardio, and I'm down almost 15 pounds since September. September and October were full of panic attacks and anxiety and a barrage of other symptoms as I tried to cut back after 3 weeks of drinking heavy (for me) in August.

I had quit for around a month before Lent last year and carried it through Easter. I remember I felt good and had no anxiety issues, just some cravings but went back to drinking the vino.

With Lent and Easter around the corner I realize I could be coming up on a year if I had quit then.

I guess I wasn't ready at the time but I don't want to look back a year from now with the same regret.

Other than the withdrawals from this time, alcohol hasn't severely impacted my life or health YET. I need to keep it that way.

Thanks for reading. It helps to put these thoughts down.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel off after two months three different times. If I didn't fall off that first time I'd be pushing two years here soon. As it is I'm just about to hit the one year mark and feeling pretty good about myself. Those times I failed made me realize exactly how long 60 days is! I didn't want to go through that.

I also noticed worsening withdrawals from my relapses. Withdrawal absolutely sucks, I don't want to go through that again.

While it's still not easy 9 days away from my first birthday it's a heck of a lot easier than it was!

It sounds like your mind is in the right place, don't let your AV fool it!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you should be proud you're still fighting and have 79 days J. Nothing to sneeze at

D
Old 01-31-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
J50

Congrats on approaching a year tekink and thanks for the encouragement Dee. The boards are a big help and very inspiring!
Old 01-31-2018, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on your continuing sobriety. My fitness regime (since I became sober) has been just about the most important element in me maintaining that, although not exclusive. Stay connected here and also with a support network on your end. Accountability will help you not take that first drink. Glad you posted man--keep putting your thoughts down

Best,

T.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Day 79 is amazing. Congrats!

Since I've obviously got an addictive personality, I try to channel that energy into exercise and taking care of myself (albeit in a totally OCD way). It's something that's mine, a little time when I can just be me and let my mind drift where it will. It keeps me (semi) sane.

Don't beat yourself up over time lost. I think you should be crazy proud of the time you have gained.