SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Bad Crave :( (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/422753-bad-crave.html)

Rar 01-31-2018 12:09 PM

Bad Crave :(

Hi - 21 days today. I just finished a round of golf and by around the 7th or 8th hole, thoughts of beer began to plague me. Yesterday my husband finished the last of his beer (only 5) and didn't buy anymore. There was no alcohol in the house. Normally he takes inventory and makes a beer run in the morning, but he didn't go this morning. I had hopes he was trying to quit. So, we finished golfing and now my husband caved and is now making a beer run. Darn! I know he's probably craving since today would have been his 1st day. This is a very tough time for me and my AV is making me feel sorry for myself. I will not drink! I planned for this scenario when I first quit and my plan was to have a sparkling water (which I'm doing) and post here (which I'm doing). I'm also going to read SR posts.

DontRemember 01-31-2018 12:23 PM

Golf was always a trigger for me. I had to take some time away from it when starting out. Unfortunately..Golfing sober really hasn't improved improved my game. :lmao

Anna 01-31-2018 12:47 PM

Good for you for planning ahead and sticking with the plan. :)

Am2144 01-31-2018 01:03 PM

I had to quit boating. It is a huge trigger, and alcohol everywhere. Stay stong. 21 days is great!!!

SoberLeigh 01-31-2018 02:21 PM

Glad that you are staying close, Rar. You have so many friends here who care about you.

I will join you in a glass of beautiful sparkling water!

Dee74 01-31-2018 03:37 PM

I know it's hard when your hubby can't or won't stop but you've had success before rar and I believe you can again...permanently ;)

D

Stronger2017 01-31-2018 04:03 PM

Well done on 21 days👍 I find sparkling water is nice after exercise too. Perceived peer pressure can be tough for me but I need to be honest and remember exactly what I’m like at those times. All the best!

VikingGF 01-31-2018 04:24 PM

Good for you, staying the course! (Golf pun!)

Together we are strong!!

BreezyFe 01-31-2018 04:27 PM

Yeah! Good for you for staying strong! :You_Rock_

anxiousrock 01-31-2018 06:25 PM

Nice weather and spiting is a huge trigger for me too. Good for you for staying strong.

CreativeThinker 01-31-2018 07:13 PM

21 days is great! My DH continues to drink too. It makes it more difficult, but you CAN do this. If I did, anyone can! Hang in there and keep going. It really DOES get easier, the more time you have behind you.

BTW, my go-to drink in the past year has been:
1 squeezed fresh lime over ice with 1/4 c cranberry juice (I use low sugar), then fill the glass up to the top with lime seltzer water. It is SO refreshing! Give it a try!

wendytime 01-31-2018 10:14 PM

Good job sticking to your plan! I've quit going to Mexican restaurants because the drinks are too tempting. I hope in the future the cravings aren't so strong, because a life without Mexican food is sad indeed.