Notices

Day 1- again

Old 01-28-2018, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1- again

I'm depressed I drank yesterday. Today would be day 7, but I'm starting over. I'm not going to give up.

It didn't feel good drinking yesterday, and I went to bed with a terrible headache. Because I was drunk, I didn't care to eat dinner, and I skipped taking my meds/vitamins, so I woke up with joint and bone pain, and over all just feeling like crap. Drained.

I'm using this as a learning experience.

I wasn't prepared for the change the weekend brings- the lack of a proper schedule - and I fell back to old habits. On my way to the store and work, the urge hit, and I said to myself, 2 nips is OK. The problem is, after 2, there is no willpower not to have 2 more, and then 2 more...

I recognize I need to add to my recovery plan and prepare better for times like yesterday.
I started by getting everything I need for the week from the store, so I won't have any reason to shop. I took my bank cards out of my wallet, and gave my leftover cash to the kids for their piggy banks. This way, I won't have money to spend if I'm out and the urge hits.
In addition, I'm going to stick closer to these forums when I'm out or feeling vulnerable. I know if I had posted yesterday about buying alcohol, the chances of me drinking would have went way down.
I printed a list of affirmations and reasons not to drink to keep in my wallet, and I enlisted a friend to call/text when I'm feeling like drinking.

I will stay sober today.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Girl Screaming,
Good job on getting a plan together. Alcohol is cunning, baffling and POWERFUL. It wants nothing good for us. Do you go to AA or know anyone in the program local to you that you can connect with? Sober Recovery is a great resource but it doesn't hurt to supplement a program with one on one work.
Good Luck!
Garrison
Old 01-28-2018, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, so glad you came right back! Not an easy thing to do. Only you can make this your last day 1. I have always checked in the 24 hour recovery connection thread every morning to remind me of who I am and I can't drink. I think it has helped me a lot. Best wishes for you on your journey.
Old 01-28-2018, 02:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

D
Old 01-28-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was looking for you....I'm sorry you feel so down love, I know it feels not good to drink again when we have decided not to...just want to send you love.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlScreaming View Post
I said to myself, 2 nips is OK.
It's the most common lie that our AV uses, and even though we know it's not true, it's awfully seductive to believe it. Obviously, as alcoholics, we can't have just a couple.

But congratulations for not giving up! That's another way I've self-sabotaged in the past. Your plans are solid, and your motivation is high, so you're off to a great start. Let's not drink today!
Old 01-29-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back with a plan for the path forward.
Best wishes, Dusty😎
Old 01-29-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Welcome back! You have got some great ideas to stop you from buying. And to stop you from drinking you have your children that need a sober you! Keep being strong!