SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I didn't make it. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/422569-i-didnt-make.html)

GirlScreaming 01-27-2018 01:30 PM

I didn't make it.

I really thought I had it this time, but I was wrong.

No day 6 for me.

:`(

doggonecarl 01-27-2018 01:33 PM

What are you doing, recovery wise, to stay sober?

Forward12 01-27-2018 01:34 PM

What was the reason why you chose to drink again?

TheToddman 01-27-2018 01:36 PM

Sorry to hear that. Obviously the first thing to do is not to beat yourself up. What didn't work this time? Do you have a support network on that end to help you? Know that there is no judgement here, GS...we wanna help. Agree w/Carl...do you have something specific that you can get implemented? Can't recall if you've had a talk with your doc yet. Might be worth a consideration if you haven't. Going this alone is tough...I know.

As always, lean on us, we're here and we get this.

Take care of yourself, k?

ProfessorD 01-27-2018 01:39 PM

((hugs)) first of all, you made it if you wake up and have the will (1) to recover and (2) to do better. This is only a failure if you don't use it as an opportunity to learn from your mistakes. You can do it! You're here, and that's a start. I'm rooting for you!

Anna 01-27-2018 01:42 PM

I'm sorry GirlScreaming.

What have you been doing daily for your recovery? Maybe you can come up with something to add to your recovery plan.

Cascabel 01-27-2018 01:48 PM

Instead of beating on yourself for your relapse, give yourself a pat on the back for six booze-free days. Then, give some thought to where you went off the rails and figure how to avoid the same thing next time. Shoot for at least ten booze-free day’s next time around. Pretty soon, your days will all be booze-free and won’t you be a smarty😀.

DarklingSong 01-27-2018 01:53 PM

Well done on getting back to SR and posting. I know first hand how hard that is. Take it easy on yourself and start again.
Take care.

venuscat 01-27-2018 01:59 PM

Sweetheart.....you will have a day 6. Really you will.
It took me so many tries to make this my life....so many....I was completely fed up with myself, but I didn't give up. And I am so glad...persist love. Forgive yourself for being human and fallible. Get back up and move on with us. It's worth it honey. :hug: ♥

EDIT: Come back to the 24-hour thread and let everyone help....you know there is always someone there 24/7. We all struggle....that's why we do this together. :hug: ♥

Hevyn 01-27-2018 02:15 PM

Dear GS - Please don't be disheartened. It happened to me too - and I now have over 10 yrs. sober. You'll be even more determined now - let's try this again.

faith823 01-27-2018 02:30 PM

Hi,
I know how you feel. I relapsed myself. Did not end well. I had 24 days. I am back on day 3. Where are you at now? On day one?:grouphug:

dizzybee 01-27-2018 02:59 PM

Oh hon, I’m so sorry to hear that. You pushed through this whole week and nothing can take that away. To be clear, I'm sorry for whatever feelings you’re going through. I hope you decide to give it another shot. I’m still rooting for you!

least 01-27-2018 03:19 PM

Start over and do it again. Don't give up. Keep trying until you make it. :)

scottynz 01-27-2018 03:27 PM

It’s ok, it happens, 6 days is still an achievement. I really admire you for posting here right away. We understand, boy do we! Perhaps treat it as a learning experience to help you make a different choice next time you are faced with a similar situation.

AnvilheadII 01-27-2018 03:46 PM

you did well to come here right away!
minimize the damage - stop NOW.
review what changed between "I am now a sober person who does not drink" to "i am going to drink"
realize that there is no day where we've "got this licked" - not 6, or 60 or 600
sobriety is an ongoing process of commitment, reinforcement and effort

you have TODAY, as do we all

Dee74 01-27-2018 04:58 PM

I think you should think of this as I didn't make it this time :)

There will be a next time, and a day six :)

You've achieved lift off from Planet Addiction - now you need to achieve escape velocity and escape that gravitational pull.

Think about what else you could do to make your recovery action plan better. Look at what happened, learn from it...and get right back on the horse, or rocket ;)

D

DontRemember 01-27-2018 05:22 PM

Weekends were my weakness when I was really trying to stay sober. I was thinking about this yesterday and I don't even really notice weekends anymore. I don't work M-F,so it's just another day(s) to me now. Normally I'd have been at the bar 4hrs ago and still be sitting there for another 4.

Komplex 01-27-2018 07:32 PM

Glad you posted about it GS! You can totally do this!!!

Silverback4 01-28-2018 02:15 AM

How are you GS? Ready to get back on that rocket?
Wishing you well.

GirlScreaming 01-28-2018 06:30 AM

Thank you, everyone, for replying. All the comments about my recovery plan, made me realize how littl of one I actually have. My plan really only consisted of, well, not drinking. I did make a plan to see a doctor and be honest, seek out therapy, tell a friend, post here regularly, and I have done all of those things.
Maybe because I didn't have a day plan, is why I fell back into old habits. I'm new to this, and I'm not sure where to really start with daily plans. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. I really want to leave planet addiction ( :) ) for good.