Notices

Work stress, wanting to drink

Old 01-29-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mera, I'm sorry you're struggling and it sounds as if they are asking a lot from you, which seems all too common with employers. And, it sounds like you've gotten lots of good suggestions here. I hope things settle down for you.
Old 02-02-2018, 09:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mera,
I have not heard from you in a while and I’m getting worried. Are you ok?
Old 02-02-2018, 01:26 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hope you are OK mera and things have improved at work
Old 02-02-2018, 02:51 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Mera,

Let us know how it's going! You have so many people in your corner and the one person that offered to actually help you in a real way--blows my mind. I hope that gives you a really good feeling. You are not alone.

You staying close to HP? What about daily prayer, exercise, eating right, sleep, time with the kids, etc? Sure, your life is full; be grateful. Drinking would wipe out almost every good aspect of your life. You are too precious for that to happen. God hasn't brought you this far for you to throw it all away on a glass of poison. (We both know it wouldn't be just "one" glass.)

God bless you.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I too, am checking in to see how you
are doing Mera. Continue to hang on
to your SR life line here with us for
support, care, understanding and
positive suggestions to guide you on
your journey.
Old 02-04-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Wow, thank you everyone for your kind concern. I am alive and well, enjoying my coffee and SR in bed as I like to do on my hangover-free Sundays.
I survived the week, but just barely. One big part is that when I was training we were in a slower phase of the year. Right now is a HUGE time for us, just so much going on and the workload is completely overwhelming, all of it critical. I was at the end of my trial period this week, but fortunately found out they are extending my contract, so that is good news. But it didn't come without a warning that I pick it up and quickly. I put in tons of extra hours this week, working some days from 8 am to 8pm without stopping. I was planning on going in yesterday for a few hours but my body and mind just couldn't take it so I spent the day resting, I went to get my hair done, and I tried to relax.
I'll keep at it. Depiste the huge workload (seriously enough for two people) and the stress, I like the job, I like the people and it is good for me to have a job outside of the house.