Notices

Finally went to detox. 1st time

Old 01-27-2018, 12:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finally went to detox. 1st time

Hey fellow friends in recovery. I would like to share that I finally took the plunge. I went to detox last Monday and have not had a drink since. (Today being Saturday 2:47 a.m.) ill tell ya, it was a trip. I was hallucinating and the Dr. Said he only gets 1 out 9 patients that hallucinates. It was a wild, sweaty and puky ride but with the right meds I am home and sober on day 6. I hope the best for any of us.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome and congratulations! Make this the last time you have to go through that!
Old 01-27-2018, 02:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

good on ya.
whats the plan to start recovery?
Old 01-27-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Prosper!! You'll find all you're seeking from withdrawal, making your plan, nutrition......support, support. ADVICE.

Everyone on here's been through it. Each has a story on how they stay sober. Look through the site. Please join the January Class. It's a perfect place to prosper Prosper. Hope to see there.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad to hear you're doing well Prosper

D
Old 01-27-2018, 03:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I hope you never have to go thru that again. Please do everything in your power to stay on the sober path. You are very lucky and smart that you went to medical detox. Glad you made it!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on day six! Detoxing stinks, let’s not have to do that again! Glad you’re home safe
Old 01-27-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rar

Congratulations on Day 6 Prosper!
Old 01-27-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Major congrats! That's the best news, and I'm so glad you are here
Old 01-27-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am staying on top of my meds prescribed. Wife has been helping me right down the times I take them so I don't miss any. I see my doctor in about a week and we are going to find me the right therapy.

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
good on ya.
whats the plan to start recovery?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yes. My body is screaming for nutrition. I can't get enough of it. I have not stopped eating (healthy) foods all day. Thank you.

Originally Posted by TYG2 View Post
Welcome Prosper!! You'll find all you're seeking from withdrawal, making your plan, nutrition......support, support. ADVICE.

Everyone on here's been through it. Each has a story on how they stay sober. Look through the site. Please join the January Class. It's a perfect place to prosper Prosper. Hope to see there.
Old 01-27-2018, 12:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Prosper,

That is fantastic news. I am so proud of you for taking that step, and for almost a full week sober.

I found reading and posting on here to be so helpful. I am attaching a link about recovery plans, it is the perfect time to figure out what you will have as part of yours.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)
Old 01-27-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Excellent, Prosper! I needed detox as well. I had alcoholic hallucinosis and it was indeed a wild, horrifying ride.
The great thing is you never have to feel like that again.
Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Just think....You Will Never Have to Go Through That Again! Best wishes
Old 01-29-2018, 11:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What meds help or helped you guys after detox? I have been home for 3 days and I only sleep 2 hours a night and when I do fall asleep I wake up in a pool of sweat after nightmares. I see my doctor next week but for now I have muscle relaxers, anti anxiety pills, my new anti depressant and an anti hallucinates, which I stopped taking because I am not hallucinating anymore.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Yes hallucinating was very interesting. I even thought a nurse came into my room in the middle of the night and told me I was discharged and I even got up and packed my bags and started to leave until a nurse stopped me lol

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
Excellent, Prosper! I needed detox as well. I had alcoholic hallucinosis and it was indeed a wild, horrifying ride.
The great thing is you never have to feel like that again.
Wishing you all the best on your sober journey.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Prosper View Post
What meds help or helped you guys after detox? I have been home for 3 days and I only sleep 2 hours a night and when I do fall asleep I wake up in a pool of sweat after nightmares. I see my doctor next week but for now I have muscle relaxers, anti anxiety pills, my new anti depressant and an anti hallucinates, which I stopped taking because I am not hallucinating anymore.
I didn't go the with inpatient detox(I'd recommend it though!),but I just started eating healthy,exercise(once I felt up to it),vitamins and support(here and AA).. I now look at it like I did a two year 'taper' (110% DO NOT do this!!),but by the end of my drinking I was just DONE and hardly drinking at all..this time. I've had the liver pains, kinda hallucinating dreams,thought/felt I was dying,ect. in the past when trying to stop though and it's scary!!
If you don't mind what was the process for your inpatient detox?
Old 01-30-2018, 04:35 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

When I first got to detox I was still blowing a .50 and you need to blow less than a .15 for them to give you the proper meds to get the ball rolling. My first day I almost left because there is a day room with a TV for everyone to share and no tv in your room but I am super glad I stayed. Pretty much the first few days they just pound a bunch of drugs down your throught to make you comfortable through the process. I pretty slept through the whole process which was good. If I ever have to do it again I will bring extra t-shirts because you sweat alot in your sleep.

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I didn't go the with inpatient detox(I'd recommend it though!),but I just started eating healthy,exercise(once I felt up to it),vitamins and support(here and AA).. I now look at it like I did a two year 'taper' (110% DO NOT do this!!),but by the end of my drinking I was just DONE and hardly drinking at all..this time. I've had the liver pains, kinda hallucinating dreams,thought/felt I was dying,ect. in the past when trying to stop though and it's scary!!
If you don't mind what was the process for your inpatient detox?
Old 01-30-2018, 04:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Samantha

Happy you went and they were able to help you!
Old 01-30-2018, 07:07 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Congrats on your determination to rid your life of alcohol! I know for me it was very difficult to do it on my own. SR is a great site but i try to supplement it with 1 on 1 recovery. Do you have any AA meetings you can attend in your area?