Notices

Just Another Newbie - Seeking Sober Support & Inspiration

Old 01-27-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Hello FurBabyMum, I'll come straight to the point. What is a FurBaby?
Hello there!
My fur babies are my animals/pets - ie: 2 puppies and a cat!
I don't have human children, therefore...they're my fur babies and I'm their Mum!
It's a silly name really, but I couldn't think of a decent user name (that hasn't already been taken) for this forum!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stronger2017 View Post
Welcome to SR😀 I’ve found this community has been really helpful in getting me sober again. Best of luck on your journey!
Hi, thank you so much - it's always good to hear of the success stories...liking it here very much already! x
Old 01-27-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I have 2 young kids but also 2 fur babies (2 old cats). One of our cats has a tumour & we're just keeping her comfortable until we need to take her for her final journey. Fur babies are a very large part of our family.
Old 01-27-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FurBabyMum View Post
Hello there!
My fur babies are my animals/pets - ie: 2 puppies and a cat!
I don't have human children, therefore...they're my fur babies and I'm their Mum!
It's a silly name really, but I couldn't think of a decent user name (that hasn't already been taken) for this forum!
Right, well that's good. The reason I asked about what a FurBaby was was because I once worked alongside a woman who used to collect teddy bears. She was married and had children but she had this thing for teddy bears. She called money bear tokens. So when I looked on here and saw everyone understanding the term FurBabies I had an idea that that was what it meant. With all the answers I wondered if this kind of strange thing was common.
Having cats and dogs, lovely. I live on my own now but when I broke up with my ex I think I missed the cats more than her. Maybe I should get a couple of kittens. I like to travel though so a dog is out of the question.
Anyway, best of everything FurBabyMum
Old 01-27-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JJ991 View Post
I have 2 young kids but also 2 fur babies (2 old cats). One of our cats has a tumour & we're just keeping her comfortable until we need to take her for her final journey. Fur babies are a very large part of our family.
Sounds as though you have a beautiful family - including the fur babies!
We had an elderly Labrador with arthritis and kept her on medication for a few years, until it was sadly time to let her go. She had a beautiful life with us though and I will always fondly remember her happy times. They're our extended family and for me, a house wouldn't be a home without my fur babies!
Old 01-27-2018, 08:30 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
Right, well that's good. The reason I asked about what a FurBaby was was because I once worked alongside a woman who used to collect teddy bears. She was married and had children but she had this thing for teddy bears. She called money bear tokens. So when I looked on here and saw everyone understanding the term FurBabies I had an idea that that was what it meant. With all the answers I wondered if this kind of strange thing was common.
Having cats and dogs, lovely. I live on my own now but when I broke up with my ex I think I missed the cats more than her. Maybe I should get a couple of kittens. I like to travel though so a dog is out of the question.
Anyway, best of everything FurBabyMum
I do like teddy bears too, but not quite to that extent!
My house wouldn't feel like a home without the fur babies, or little critters as I sometimes call them! They can also be a lot of hard work and expensive too - a bit like kids, I guess?