SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Life is Black (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/422501-life-black.html)

Ken0331 02-01-2018 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by mandypandy (Post 6769112)
Tomorrow I am going to go to AA, I cannot do this by constantly sitting alone.

No, you can't. Good for you for deciding to take positive action for yourself.

When I drink the way I want to drink, my spirit and soul goes to a deep, dark place where I am very isolated and alone. And they call alcohol a depressant . . . :rolleyes2

The good news is I never have to feel that way away, or ever be alone again.

mandypandy 02-02-2018 03:02 AM

2ndhandrose and Ken, thanks for the encouragment. Deep dark place doesn't even give justice to the black abyss I keep jumping into! But that was the last drink. I would have gone to AA yesterday, but there was only an afternoon one near me and I felt too ill.
Had the night from hell last night, only slept for an hour at a time and some weird, vivid lunaticness thrown up by my unconscious.
I have also stopped smoking. Haven't had one for 24 hours. Am also stopping popping OTC painkillers . Have to taper on that one because it got a bit much last night. Once the drink withdrawals and smoking withdrawals die down a bit, I'll stop those entirely too.

FallingStars 02-02-2018 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by mandypandy (Post 6770692)
I have also stopped smoking. Haven't had one for 24 hours. Am also stopping popping OTC painkillers . Have to taper on that one because it got a bit much last night. Once the drink withdrawals and smoking withdrawals die down a bit, I'll stop those entirely too.

Wow...that seems like a lot to tackle at one time. Maybe you should focus on one at a time?

2ndhandrose 02-02-2018 05:36 AM

Good Morning Mandy :) (it is morning for me)

I would agree that you have a lot on your plate.

Not that I want to encourage anyone to smoke, but I wonder if you put that one aside for now, so as to put yourself in the best position for successful sobriety?

Please keep posting, we really care :grouphug:

mandypandy 02-02-2018 05:38 AM

I would focus on one at a time Fallingstars, and 2ndhandrose but I think one addiction feeds another. Basically, I'm just sick of having a dependence on any substance. Panic when I ran out of drink in the middle of binge, panic when I run out of painkillers, panic when I run out of tobacco. I'm getting on a bit now, so am going for it all together, anyway, I had no choice but to stop smoking as I already spent all my money on booze! I'll see how I go, if it gets too hard, I'll do it more slowly

2ndhandrose 02-02-2018 05:48 AM

I hear you, mandy.

Just keep posting, you don't have to do this alone :grouphug:

mandypandy 02-03-2018 12:40 AM

rose, thank you. I will make another thread to post on. Just clicking on "Life is Black" to post on here is depressing in itself