Notices

Day 9 - Reflections

Old 01-25-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 9 - Reflections

Hi everyone,

I have been reading everyone's posts and cannot stress enough how helpful it is knowing I am not alone.

Today begins my 9th day alcohol free. I have never gone this long in over 20 years without alcohol. A few observations, my skin is clearer, the puffiness is gone and my hair is no longer dry. My blood pressure is dropping so much so that my doctor is cutting my diuretic in half because my stolistic pressure is low which is causing me to feel lightheaded. I have lost 3.5lbs, !

I didn't want to think I had a problem, but looking back I definitely did. Vodka was my choice of poison. I used to be a wine drinker than moved to the heavier stuff when it just wasn't cutting it. I went through a few days of insomnia, it was really hard to fall asleep naturally, so used to just passing out. I am eating healthy, sleeping well 7.5 average hours a night. My head feels clearer, my workouts at the gym are improving.

Hard to believe what 8 days being free from alcohol have done to my body. I am still taking it one day at a time. I have yet to go out to a local place where I would consume alcohol, not feeling strong enough for that yet.

I don't discuss this with anyone, hubby knows and is proud of me, but I don't want to talk about. I just want to do it! So glad to find this site where I can share my thoughts as I go through this journey.

Wishing everyone a happy healthy alcohol free day!

D
Old 01-25-2018, 04:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job. I'm on day 4 and noticing the same changes. Keep it up!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rar

Keep it up Soberme. You're doing great!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

Great job, soberme!

I hope to see you around

SR has been a godsend to me.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats soberme
Old 01-25-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So good to hear

First day for me.. like you hubby knows but no one else. It’s the bottle of wine a night for me. What scared me tho was I was in the supermarket yesterday and paused at the gin section.. asking myself if that would better. Trying to trick myself into ‘if I have slimline tonic with it it’s less calories! I didn’t buy it .. but it’s worrying to think that’s what entered my mind. Congrats on Day 9 ... I really hope I get there too x
Old 01-26-2018, 02:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by marshygirl View Post
First day for me.. like you hubby knows but no one else. It’s the bottle of wine a night for me. What scared me tho was I was in the supermarket yesterday and paused at the gin section.. asking myself if that would better. Trying to trick myself into ‘if I have slimline tonic with it it’s less calories! I didn’t buy it .. but it’s worrying to think that’s what entered my mind. Congrats on Day 9 ... I really hope I get there too x
Congrats on not giving in to the urge! You can do this! Take it one day at a time. I downloaded an app for my phone ‘Sober Today’, I love checking it each and seeing the number of days increase.

D