Notices

Absent but doing well now

Old 01-25-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Absent but doing well now

Hi friends ,
I haven,t been around here so much mid Dec till now .
A chain of events laid me low physically and mentally .
Not making excuses but couldn't pull myself out of a horrible mood which I attribute to flu before Christmas with complications such as chest infection needing 4 courses of antibiotics then as if that wasn't enough we got a burst pipe in our bathroom on 31 Jan which flooded the entire hall ,kitchen and part of the livingroom . Long story short the insurance paid out but the hassle was relentless between phone calls and workmen and all at the same time as was still recovering from the flu thing . Now we have the entire lower half of the house flooring renewed with laminate flooring and a new stair carpet ( which we paid for as it was needing replaced anyway) . Of course when these workmen do their thing there is still a ton on prep before and painting after the job is done . only a few cables to sort out fr the wifi but that,s a pleasure to do .
Today is the first day for almost a month that I can say I feel decent with work complete and health 85 percent ( aches and pains mostly )

Now all I want is some fun and rest or rest and fun , you know ! the good stuff .
If I said I didn't feel like having a drink more than once during the past month I would be lying because a couple of times I did think about it , I said F**k it more than once but didn't succumb , I prayed for strength and played the tape forward , Thank God for that ,thank God for what I have learned on SR .

To anyone new , to anyone struggling at whatever stage stay with it ,keep strong it really is worth it .

Old 01-25-2018, 01:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you got through all that sober hpdw

D
Old 01-25-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I hope you're on the mend, hpdw!
Old 01-25-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds rough hpdw but good job for staying sober through it. I’ve actually not been posting as much recently but still reading a lot - probably just a phase🙂 Onwards!
Old 01-25-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rar

What an awesome job staying sober! We also had an interior pipe burst last year. What a nightmare! We live in a condo and didn't know where the shut off valve was. Water continued to pour into our unit and the unit next door until we found the valve. Living through the dry-out process, repainting, etc. was horrible. I think it took an amazing amount of courage to survive such a miserable event. Good for you!
Old 01-25-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If I had started drinking that would have been the real trauma not the flood .
One of the jobs I had to do was to take 5 doors off and trim about 8mm off them and replace the doors . These are old heavy doors and if I was drinking it simply wouldn't have got done . I might have got them off to let the fitters do the floors but I would have stored them in the shed .
Most things get done to a reasonably high standard being a layman, I can concentrate and be responsible.
Thank you all for helping me be 6 days away from 6 months sober .