Notices

Weekender 25-29 January, 2018

Old 01-25-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Ooooooo I missed your post Gilmer love....yum....you are going to be in heaven.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Count me in for the weekend (and beyond).

Have a great Australia Day!
Old 01-25-2018, 06:34 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
ha! I knew someone would post it LB
D
Yeah, I'm easy and predictable.
Old 01-25-2018, 07:10 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I’m super excited for my weekend. I was sober last weekend, but still detoxing. This weekend I will get to enjoy. I have an 8 pm Friday AA meeting planned and being a sober supportive parent at this weekend’s athletic competitions. I’m so blessed to be here, thanks for being here SR family! Have an awesome weekend.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Komplex. So happy to hear you so empowered!!
Sending huge hugs.
Old 01-25-2018, 08:46 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Hi Komplex. So happy to hear you so empowered!!
Sending huge hugs.
Thanks Venuscat! Have a great Friday.
Old 01-26-2018, 12:08 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, well done for posting DaeklingSong, people who are still struggling have more reason than ever to post here. Good decision not to have alcohol in the house, it will make stopping a lot easier.

Welcome to Weekenders Komplex!

It is foggy in my part of town this morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20180125_214644.jpg (47.0 KB, 44 views)
Old 01-26-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning gang! Friday means I join the morning breakfast club at work. Some of the people have their eggs and bacon every morning. I only do it on Fridays as bit of a reward to myself. Something I sarted a few months back. Also means I don't have lunch as the breakfast keeps me going for the rest of the day.

Happy Friday!
Old 01-26-2018, 05:08 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey, welcome Discovery! Blast from the past. (We were in the same "Class" in early sobriety.)
Old 01-26-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I'm in! There will be no dancing with the devil this or any other weekend. What there will be: watching movies, running, cleaning my house and listening to podcasts, catching up with friends. It's dead winter in my part of the world, but it's calm and quiet. So I will listen to what the world is saying and be calm and quiet too
Old 01-26-2018, 05:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning, all! Pizza and iced tea for breakfast. Trying to learn some 3D software (Daz Studio). Might go to the bookstore later. Must remember to exercise and meditate. I promise to eat my vegetables.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Solarion View Post
I promise to eat my vegetables.
Me too.

One of my co-workers keeps talking to her computer while I am trying to obtain some important info from her. TGIF!
Old 01-26-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Me too.

One of my co-workers keeps talking to her computer while I am trying to obtain some important info from her. TGIF!
Unplug it. Stealthily.

So it is indeed Friday. No drinking Friday. Relax for the weekend Friday. In honor of Straya day I've found a Bondi Beach lifeguard reality show on Netflix. Bondi is a crazy place! I watched that Bondi Ink (tattoo shop) series too. So beautiful and sunny.

Maybe if I had stayed in south Florida instead of moving to Seattle I would see more days like that.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

I might have to stay a little closer than I first expected this weekend. There has been a very serious emergency with one of my husband's parents and he is flying there post haste. It was the first time I have had a bad craving to drink - the craving to smoke has been almost non stop.

However I have the children and the chores and the house and man, it would suck to get on the rowing machine stinking like cigarettes and out of breath, when I smoke it makes my asthma way worse, especially if I am in the barns and I don't have hubby to off-load those chores to, which includes a complete clean out... Darn timing! As for the booze, it just cannot happen. I can't touch it, I can't think about it, I cannot drink!
Old 01-26-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm in, a day late.

Darkling Song - you'll be ok. I know how easy it is to wallow in self-loathing after breaking a promise to yourself, but try not to get stuck there. You drank, you didn't like it, you can get up, brush yourself off, and start again. Maybe write down how you felt the next day and are feeling now, to read when you feel like maybe a drink would be OK? I did that and it really works. Our addict brains try to make us forget how horrible it is to drink or use - we get complacent, some time goes by, and bam. There we are again. Having something to look at that you wrote yourself would be a stark reminder of why you don't want to go down that road again.

No plans this weekend for me - which is fine. I am behind on housework, because I finished a very intense class last Saturday and things got a bit out of hand. Then the new semester started this week, and that is always a busy time at work (I also work full-time at the university where I take classes). So I started a new class Monday, also. It's very interesting and won't be quite as intense as the last one. No exams, though, only papers, 3 of them, at least 10 pages each. YIKES! I'll have to dust off my research paper skills - it's been something like 28 years since I wrote a long paper like that. I welcome the challenge.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Me too.

Is it because she doesn't eat enough vegies?

Show her the dancing squirrel.....don't really know why except it made me happy.
Old 01-26-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Unplug it. Stealthily.

So it is indeed Friday. No drinking Friday. Relax for the weekend Friday. In honor of Straya day I've found a Bondi Beach lifeguard reality show on Netflix. Bondi is a crazy place! I watched that Bondi Ink (tattoo shop) series too. So beautiful and sunny.

Maybe if I had stayed in south Florida instead of moving to Seattle I would see more days like that.
I really really really thought I read:

In honor of Straya day I've found a Bondi Beach lifeguard

Now I could completely understand if that was what you meant....any Aussie could....really. Love you bim. ♥♥
Old 01-26-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
I might have to stay a little closer than I first expected this weekend. There has been a very serious emergency with one of my husband's parents and he is flying there post haste. It was the first time I have had a bad craving to drink - the craving to smoke has been almost non stop.

However I have the children and the chores and the house and man, it would suck to get on the rowing machine stinking like cigarettes and out of breath, when I smoke it makes my asthma way worse, especially if I am in the barns and I don't have hubby to off-load those chores to, which includes a complete clean out... Darn timing! As for the booze, it just cannot happen. I can't touch it, I can't think about it, I cannot drink!
Saying it out loud is good though.

I am so sorry about your husband's parent.....I hope he/she will be alright love.

Stick close....we have your back....and you are so right, drinking etc would make everything so much worse. Not an option for us. We can get through the tough stuff sober.

Huge hugs. ♥
Old 01-26-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Wow MLD, you are amazing. And you are inspiring me. ♥♥
Old 01-26-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

“My work here is done!”