Notices

sick and suffering

Old 01-24-2018, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sick and suffering

I have the shakes, fever racing heart and can not even keep down water.
I am only posting this in case it helps somebody else to just think twice before picking up. Thank you everyone for your support last night.
Old 01-24-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this, even while you're suffering.

Esp. while you're suffering.

May none of us forget the suffering we endured,

the utter stupidity of picking up again.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have you experienced dt's or seizures before? How much were you drinking during this last relapse?
Old 01-24-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting this. Sending you my support!

I didn't see your posts last night so I apologize if I am repeating this, but please be careful about detoxing on your own. It can be very dangerous. Do not be afraid to call 911 before your symptoms get too bad and make sure that you have somebody that is monitoring you as you go through this.

Keep posting here and keep up the fight. It gets easier and better. Sobriety is worth the suffering!
Old 01-24-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No I have never experienced DT's or seizure. But everyone's chemistry is different so I agree we all should take this very seriously. I did go to the ER once for this feeling. They gave me a vitamin pack and did monitor my blood pressure and heart for 3 hours. Now that I am getting older I can feel the difference much more difficult rebounding. I picked up last Thursday. So hoping to get right back on the right track. Thank you for asking and caring
Old 01-24-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you made it here and are getting support from these good folks

Not sure what everyone has recommended but seeing a doc would at the very least bring you peace of mind. Sounds like that would help ease what you're going through. Stay connected with SR and keep us posted. This is a journey, not a destination.

Stay strong..
Old 01-24-2018, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Faith. I have been down that road many times....
Hope you feel better soon.
DS
Old 01-24-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am so sorry that you are struggling, faith.

A visit to your doctor or the ER may be prudent. They may be able to help ease your symptoms and just generally assess your wellbeing.

Stay close.

SR truly cares.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:52 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope you can get a nice clean meal in you and you can work on your sobriety ASAP. Good luck Faith
Old 01-24-2018, 10:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you all. I will check in with my DR. I am very honest with her. Actually spent over an hour asking me how she can help me. Truly caring.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thank you Done4today. no appetite as of yet but I know if I stay sober it will appear....
Old 01-24-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thinking of you-
I just went thru this a few days ago where I couldn't even get out of bed. The dry heaves every time I rolled over, shakes, rapid heartbeat....and that wasn't my first time experiencing withdrawal. You'd think I would have learned after so many attempts. This one was bad.
But this time I have the withdrawal itching that is driving me crazy! I looked it up and that's what brought me to this site (there was a thread about it). It was a sign to find this site. The day I felt better I wrote myself a "shaky"note describing how badly I felt (I thought I was going to die). This way next time I feel an urge I will pull it out of my wallet to remind myself that a few weeks of binge drinking will lead to a few days of feeling like hell on earth.
I hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Breezyfe. I will write out that letter myself. Great idea!!
Old 01-24-2018, 12:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll consider going to the doctor or the ER if you are concerned Faith - they are comparatively rare but at the same time never having DTs or seizures before is not some kind of immunity.

Take care of yourself

D
Old 01-24-2018, 12:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR BreezyFe

D
Old 01-24-2018, 03:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey, faith--I am sorry you are sick and suffering; how well I know those awful symptoms. The good news is that you never have to suffer like this ever again as long as you don't drink. You can do this!
Electrolyte sports drinks helped me, as did taking B vitamins (particularly thiamine) as alcohol leeches them from our bodies. Herbal tea, toast, soup,popsicles, ice cream, lots of rest--i watched junk TV to distract myself. It's excellent that you have a caring doctor--it makes a big difference. Don't hesitate to head to the ER if things start get worse--when I quit all at once I did have a very hard go of it, with audiovisual hallucinations after 12 hours that went on for several days. I drank to make them go away and crippled along for another month of psychosis before going to detox and inpatient rehab. Even after all that I hadn't learned my lesson and it took a horrifying car crash that nearly killed me to really get it through my skull. Now I have 25 months of sobriety, and things aren't perfect, but they're really good and that is quite enough. Wishing you peace, strength and serenity on your sober journey, and that you feel much better soon.
Old 01-24-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Faith, I hope you are feeling a little better today. On my phone it sad you posted this yesterday. Just wanted to let you know I’m thinking of you
Old 01-25-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Faith, are you feeling better today?
Old 01-25-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi Soupcon.

I feel somewhat better. This morning I felt awful. I had no energy to do anything. Couldn't function. Couldn't keep down any water.Tried to sleep but it wasn't happening. The racing heart. By this afternoon I am drinking alot of water with ice.. I have to say my stomach felt like it was on fire /mouth too. And of course the puffy dry face from the alcohol /lips. I suppose it should feel that way after drinking the poison. I am very upset and depressed now. I feel like there is no hope. I can not go through this again physically , mentally. I am so anxious etc...just not want to think about it such a viscous circle. Thank you for asking its helpful for me to reread. I NEED to read this and think how I am going to feel .Still no appetite but I think I may be able to sleep. My body is exhausted. Fun times--NOT.
I hope everyone on this board is doing well. I appreciate your nice posts
Old 01-25-2018, 04:30 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sending love and support!