Notices

Unfortunately I did relapse

Old 01-23-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

so cool.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So glad you came right back Faith. It is also wonderful that you have the support of your parents.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Is there a reason you no longer attend AA? I'm not judging but wonder why you no longer attend meetings but still use some of the tools and you mentioned how you were once active in the program. Is it because you relapsed and are ashamed or another reason? It is a great way to fill in the time when the days are long and you don't want to drink. I am not a fan of the program myself, but I did use it the first year of sobriety along with therapy.
Old 01-24-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I am going to go back to AA. I use to work in the city with numerous meetings a day. The last job I had was working from home just couldn't seem to find the time. Thank you for asking I need to return I just find it challenging to get to them now. No excuse AA saved my life at one point.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:37 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by faith823 View Post
My aunt has been sober since 12/23/00 almost 18 years and I asked her how she does it and she responded I never ever want to feel the pain again when I first got sober

My fourth time reaching the two month mark put that exact realization in my head. It sucks and getting past it is the only thing you can do. I had cravings bad, there were two 2 months stints separated by a day where the cravings pretty much never stopped. Realizing how long two months actually was helped me keep trucking on the fourth time I passed it (hopefully the last, I'm coming up on a year.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thank you and that is truly remarkable. Happy for you. I just realized I asked my Aunt how she does it be sober for 18 years? I bet she thought how do you do this?? Putting yourself through misery again and again. That just dawned on me . Thank you for your post
Old 01-24-2018, 01:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I 'relapsed' or as I say "I got f'n wasted" at almost 8mo.. Very mild physical withdrawl...or whatever,but the drunken 'actions'/shame were the same the next morning. I felt like a horrible person for about a week. I didn't do anything illegal,this time,but the feeling of shame and "this isn't you"..were there again. After 1 night of getting trashed! Crazy.. Just start again like I did.. I consider that night a hiccup in my recovery. Hell..that night is in my post history and I hate to even read it today.. NO MORE of those!