Notices

Back to my AV suggesting maybe I dont really have an issue

Old 01-24-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Readygo View Post
My family would be supportive but . . .
But they can't. No one can understand what torture an alcoholic/addict goes through except another alcoholic/addict. Perhaps some doctors, only b/c they have seen the pattern often enough to know how it repeats itself in different people; and counselors/therapists, b/c of the same reason and perhaps also from some intensive substance abuse studies in their education.

When I was referring to your support system, that's what I was referring to.

Avail yourself of some of that help.

If you think you do want to try AA, some meetings have babysitting services. They're usually listed in some of the lists the better-organized AA Intergroups maintain. Do you know how to find the list of AA meetings in your area from AA?

Also, seen plenty of young moms - and dads - bring their young children along to meetings with them. Never seen a single one turned away b/c of children in tow. Unruly children? Might be asked to sit somewhere non-distracting, and I've also seen members w/ long-term sobriety volunteer to watch the kids in an adjacent room while the parent attends the meeting. Don't let those youngins stop you from going if you want to try one.