Notices

Wrong decision

Old 01-23-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wrong decision

Just want to admit to someone that after a 3 hour anxiety attack I wussed out and had a hard cider. Nothing triggered it in particular but when it happens I always think I'm about to die. I've read similar stories as far as how the anxiety acts for you guys on SR.
I know there are better choices. I have prescribed pills but between the two my mind said the drink was safer. Pills lead to other things in my AVs opinion? God no. Booze leads to way more booze and I know that. Gonna get to a 4pm AA meeting this afternoon which always help with the anxiety.
Thanks for listening
Old 01-23-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the panic......it is awful for sure. Well done on getting back here and stopping right away. I know for me, it took a lot of practice to manage episode of panic. Don't know if you have gone to therapy for it, but if its a separate issue to drinking for you, it might be worth a try?
Best wishes.
Old 01-23-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're brushing yourself down and getting back on your feet.

the thing about drinking on anxiety is that eventually you'll have the old anxiety still there, mixed with new anxiety about wanting another drink.

its like putting out fire with gasoline...

Assuming you trust your Dr and that they know your whole story, I think whatever meds you've been prescribed must be a better bet?

D
Old 01-23-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Cognitive therapy can help a ton with anxiety, and can help you be less dependent on medication (including alcohol).
Old 01-25-2018, 08:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

How are you doing today JVO15? Just wanted to let you know I'm sending good thoughts your way. I am hoping for you that you are feeling better and staying alcohol free.