Notices

Just realized....

Old 01-23-2018, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just realized....

I have been reading all the posts for the past couple of days and just had an epiphany. I have been drinking since probably the age of 15. I was thinking i have been indulging too much the past 15 years. No no, being honest it’s been over 40 years. Ouch! Why has no one stopped me? I guess because I’m “functioning”, but the truth is in my head I have not been. I have lost great friendships, walked away from high level great jobs, wasted my college degree and settled for “less”, have done many embarrassing things, etc, etc... I could go on a very long time. I am very fortunate that I found a life partner in my husband who is willing to help me thru all my “issues”. I feel good and positive on this new path I am taking, today is day 3....
Old 01-23-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Congratulations on Day 3!

And your newly found clarity.
Old 01-23-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Shebeens View Post
I have been reading all the posts for the past couple of days and just had an epiphany. I have been drinking since probably the age of 15. I was thinking i have been indulging too much the past 15 years. No no, being honest it’s been over 40 years. Ouch! Why has no one stopped me? I guess because I’m “functioning”, but the truth is in my head I have not been. I have lost great friendships, walked away from high level great jobs, wasted my college degree and settled for “less”, have done many embarrassing things, etc, etc... I could go on a very long time. I am very fortunate that I found a life partner in my husband who is willing to help me thru all my “issues”. I feel good and positive on this new path I am taking, today is day 3....
Day 3 ! That's great! You can do this, and you can have a life you are happy with and be a person you are proud of. Alcohol has taken enough of your time. Time to wave goodbye.