Notices

Really need advice

Old 01-19-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really need advice

So after going on a massive addy binge last night, I got ahold of my a book my counselor gave me a long while back. I decided to read it, chapter 1 I was popping a pill every 10 minutes it seemed like, by chapter 4 I had completely stopped taking them and by 5 I made a promise to myself that I am sober from here on out, no matter what! Does anyone happen to know how to deal with comedowns and withdrawals, particularly amphetamines. I'm just about to have a really rough couple of days and any advice would be appreciated. Prayers too if you want please!
Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I will definitely send good thoughts and prayers your way.

It might be an idea to talk to your dr about detoxing from the medication. I hope things go well.
Old 01-19-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheDude8D View Post
So after going on a massive addy binge last night, I got ahold of my a book my counselor gave me a long while back. I decided to read it, chapter 1 I was popping a pill every 10 minutes it seemed like, by chapter 4 I had completely stopped taking them and by 5 I made a promise to myself that I am sober from here on out, no matter what! Does anyone happen to know how to deal with comedowns and withdrawals, particularly amphetamines. I'm just about to have a really rough couple of days and any advice would be appreciated. Prayers too if you want please!
Hi The Dude
Funny you should ask. I'm on amphetamines XR 10 mg for Treatment Resistant Depression. I was online yesterday how to taper cause they cause my acne. I'm not abusing them though. I'm going cold turkey BUT don't you..from the quantity you've been taking I would suggest a medically supervised taper for your safety. I'm glad you're ready to stop! Keep on posting we're here for you
Old 01-19-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Be glad haven't had the experience, it's weird but somehow the paranoia, shadow people, throwing up and generally feeling like you might die is addictive cuuuuusss...... uhhhh... well it's basically meth right?
Old 01-19-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sometimes there's nothing to do but get through it. Try and do normal things, eat well if you can stomach food.

Lie down if things get overwhelming. If you think you need medical help then by all means go for that.

D
Old 01-19-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank y'all so much for the advice! I've made a deal with my mom for now to give me 1 10mg xr a day to stave off any really bad withdrawals from that high dosage until we can get into my doctor to see what's up. Thanks for the positivity!