Notices

Carmstro

Old 01-18-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Carmstro

Hi all. I'm new here. Looking for a place to "talk" I guess. Sober now for a year next month. Thank my lucky stars! I don't ever want to go back there again! I am dealing with an alcoholic husband who will not quit and I have to admit it is really hard to watch him every single night after work start with the beer, then shots of vodka and if he has pot it's that too until he is falling down, slurring horribly wasted until he passes out. A never ending battle that he does not want to quit so I guess that is not an option for him. He says "he is what he is and he's not going to change". A good man, always goes to work and treats me well with the exception of a few comments over the last year that have hurt my feelings but guess I'm lucky (so far) that there really has been no verbal or physical abuse. Just hate seeing him this way and maybe partly because I know that I used to be like that too (well, with the exception of the beer and dope, I never did that. I want to thank you for welcoming me into this room. Who knows, maybe chatting with others will help me cope...I'm hoping .
Old 01-18-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome, Carmstro, and congratulations on your fantastic sober time.

Very glad you found us. You will find an abundance of encouragement, support and understanding here.

There is also a Friends & Family Forum here in which you may want to post, too.

I will post a link in a minute.

Again, welcome!
Old 01-18-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As promised:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ly-alcoholics/
Old 01-18-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Carmstro - I'm sorry for what brings you here but you'll find a lot of support for yourself here

You would know yourself that no one really quits until they want to -but it will make a difference knowing you're not alone here I think

D
Old 01-19-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome, Carmstro. This is a great place for help, support and encouragement from those who understand. It's hard seeing those we love continue to drink, but we have to take care of ourselves first. The friends and family section is excellent also. Wishing you all the best.