SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Weekender 18-22 January, 2018– The Great Escape (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/422087-weekender-18-22-january-2018-great-escape.html)

Dee74 01-18-2018 12:07 AM

Weekender 18-22 January, 2018– The Great Escape

I hope all my fellow escapees have a great weekend :)

D

Sunflower17 01-18-2018 12:50 AM

I'm in D!!! Weekends are really difficult for me!

Dee74 01-18-2018 01:01 AM

Welcome sunflower17 :)

Trohyn 01-18-2018 01:03 AM

I'm going to go to the beach.
I love it in winter.

Red78 01-18-2018 01:36 AM

This is a great weekend for me, I turn 40 and have to navigate it sober.. I had thought many times about drinking on Saturday and I just keep saying to myself, "if you were drinking for your bday you will wake up the next day and probably not remember any of it". I know that the risk of having that 1st drink could lead me anywhere and most likely I wouldn't remember, I could have an enjoyable evening or not and I won't remember, I do know that when I wake up after my bday I will never say "I wish I hadv'e gotten drunk last night"...
Goals... I've done xmas and New Years, now my milestone Bday!!!!!!!

STDragon 01-18-2018 04:07 AM

So grateful for the freedom.

saoutchik 01-18-2018 04:59 AM

Welcome to the Weekenders thread Sunflower17, Trohyn and Red78!

Thank you for the new thread Dee.

Drug or alcohol dependence is most definitely a prison, one of the fee where you have to pay money over to remain in. This weekend let's use our get out of jail free card and enjoy the freedom to be alive.

Hawkeye13 01-18-2018 05:16 AM

I'm in--my vacation will be catching up on work and the house after the big
cold snap, but I'm looking forward to creating some order.

order = peace in my sober world

shell77 01-18-2018 05:44 AM

I’m in for a sober weekend. I’m ready to stop procrastinating and get my house in order!

MLD51 01-18-2018 06:02 AM

I'm in.
Sometimes we don't realize how trapped we really were in addiction until we begin to break free. I knew I was in a bad pattern when I was still drinking, but until I got sober, I hadn't realized just how thoroughly imprisoned I was. Every single aspect of my life was ruled by alcohol. The freedom from it is truly magnificent. I highly recommend it , if you are still wondering if sobriety is worth it. Life gets so much better.

theVman31 01-18-2018 06:34 AM

...well seen as :

SHOTGUN

theVman31 01-18-2018 06:35 AM

Thanks D.

Howdy weekenders :)

Gilmer 01-18-2018 06:41 AM

I’m in!

Thanks, Dee! :)

venuscat 01-18-2018 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by MLD51 (Post 6751908)
I'm in.
Sometimes we don't realize how trapped we really were in addiction until we begin to break free. I knew I was in a bad pattern when I was still drinking, but until I got sober, I hadn't realized just how thoroughly imprisoned I was. Every single aspect of my life was ruled by alcohol. The freedom from it is truly magnificent. I highly recommend it , if you are still wondering if sobriety is worth it. Life gets so much better.

Oh Yeah!!! :) :)

Welcome to all the wonderful new people and thank you for the new thread D. :)

I am so so glad I escaped this prison....awesome theme.
Love to all of you. ♥

Mavie 01-18-2018 07:22 AM

Love it! Thank you for the inspiring thread!!

I'm facing my first sober weekend since I relapsed after twelve days sober in December. I've done it before, but I always go back...and its the weekends that kill me.

I'm not backing down this time. <3

venuscat 01-18-2018 08:01 AM

(((Maive))) ♥

Lovely to meet you! The weekends were my nemesis for a long time. I am still learning ways of coping with that, especially since I moved to a new country 10 months ago.

Sending you huge hugs. ♥♥

trachemys 01-18-2018 08:04 AM

If weekends are a problem, pretend every day is Wednsday.

venuscat 01-18-2018 08:14 AM

Well, fun as that might be, keeping most of me in reality seems like a good way to go....I lived fantasy for a long time.

Weekends can be hard I think because some/sometimes a lot of people all around (me/us) are celebrating the end of the week with fun friends and a drink or two.

Oh I know the flash of jealousy is ridiculous.

I am perfectly happy without the stupid end-of-the-week partying and I love being sober....but there is still that 'flash' sometimes.

I know what to do.....every single thing I/we go out and do on the weekends empowers us.....it is just such incredible freedom to be able to do anything you want because there is no impairment, no fog, no hangover.

Mostly when I hear the drinks come out next door on a Thursday or Friday I smile.....they are going to get loud and stupid and I am GLAD AS HECK that I don't do that anymore.

I just need to keep creating new healthy pathways so those flashing thoughts have nowhere to go.

saoutchik 01-18-2018 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to Weekenders shell77 and Maivie! Good to have you with us

We had a gale blowing this morning that stopped the instant I got to work then in the afternoon we had rain with about 10 minutes of biblical rainfall. Fortunately it has stopped as I am leaving for home.

Originally Posted by trachemys (Post 6752066)
If weekends are a problem, pretend every day is Wednsday.

Ironically, on Wednesdays I often think about the Weekend.

MidnightBlue 01-18-2018 12:46 PM

Hi, weekenders.

I certainly spent a lot of time in delusion that alcohol is escape from painful reality.

I am glad I broke free.

Just back from the gym.

I accidentally hit my nose with a 6 kg body bar. Ouuuuuuuch.

My trainer told me "So, boxing is not enough for you?".

Hope my nose will be ok.

Still in the middle of a dragged-out war with depression. Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

Have a good one, weekenders.

See you)