Notices

It's all over now...

Old 04-27-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's all over now...

Filed the final divorce paperwork. May 22nd will be one year since my amazing husband, the man that I thanked God for every day, relapsed on crack cocaine and our beautiful life exploded. In 45 days he lost/walked away from our home, our family, me his wife, his job all of his possessions and spent 15,000. In 45 days. He just will not stop using and now has a new girlfriend who also uses, so he does not want me or life back. During this year my entire world and heart and spirit and belief system has been violently shaken and brutally broken. But because of the support of groups like this and others who have had to experience the hell of addiction, I have survived. I think. Lol. Also, knowing he didn't really want to do this to me or himself, has taken away so much of the weight of pain. My husband suffers from a lifelong illness and I pray everyday for him to stop using and get better. Thank you for listening and for sharing your stories and wisdom and your support.
Amy
Old 04-27-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope you can find some peace of mind. We also have a friends and family forum for both alcoholics and substance abusers' families and loved ones. Might find some insight there.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Amy, I'm so sorry for all the heartache & pain you've experienced. I've been through it too, long ago - my (first) husband's drug of choice was alcohol. He came to deeply regret the loss of everything he treasured - but by that time, years had gone by & it was too late to try and fix things. I think he believed his life was on hold, waiting for him to walk back into it. I do hope you'll check out the forums least mentioned. Glad to have you with us.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry to read that Aestrada. Really powerful reminder of how insidious this addiction is.

I'm glad you found us tho - there's a lot of support and understanding here - welcome

D
Old 04-27-2018, 09:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Aestrada; I am very glad you found us but am also so very sorry for what brings you here.

You will find so much understanding, support and encouragement here.

Stay close. The people here truly care.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

How incredibly moving. How heartbreaking

If ever a post demonstrated how much hurt our addiction causes this is it.

All my strength and power to you and your children.

JT
Old 04-28-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. xxx