Notices

Buckle up... it's going to be a bumpy month

Old 01-16-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dwtbd View Post

It’s too bad everyone doesn’t hear , right off the bat, “everyone has the stuff in them to put the bottle down and walk away for good, from day or minute one”
or maybe they do hear that,too?
maybe a little ignorance to not investigate? maybe there was a LOT i heard early on?
notice i said something and not the first thing?
because right off the bat i heard,"welcome. glad ya made it back."
Old 01-16-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

If I'm recalling correctly it seems your last few threads have been about depression and how your recovery seems to becoming more challenging.

I remember at 1 year (the second time I got a year that is) I felt like 'okay, now what?'. Like I expected some 'thing' to happen. Some kind of shift or that somehow my recovery would be different. It wasn't. It didn't. And I think that depressed me. You mean, its the same everyday? The same determination, the same acceptance, the same gratitude, the same work? I see that now, but I didn't then and I felt like I was looking over a cliff for the next 12 months that I hung on, then finally relapsed.

I believe/suggest a change in your program. Maybe some service to other alcoholics? I dunno. Do something, something happens. Do nothing, nothing happens. But don't drink, no matter what. Remember that there is no solution there. The solution starts with that acceptance.
Old 01-16-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
quat

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
or maybe they do hear that,too?
maybe a little ignorance to not investigate? maybe there was a LOT i heard early on?
notice i said something and not the first thing?
because right off the bat i heard,"welcome. glad ya made it back."
Most would agree, I’d wager, that what we hear is not as important as what we do. And putting it down and walking away is the most important.