Notices

Antidepressant SSRI for PAWS?

Old 01-17-2018, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MindfulMan View Post
I always find it odd when people say "there's no way I would ever used medication for a psychiatric illness."

Why wouldn't you use a tool against depression, anxiety, etc?

They can be overprescribed, for sure. They can be helpful, and sometimes not.

I see too many people suffering because they view medical intervention as a sign of weakness. That they should be able to work through a depression, that somehow antidepressants and other psych meds are a softer, easier way.

Can you think or will yourself out of Type 1 diabetes?
Like everything else in life I don't think any of us can really judge - or know what's going on in someone else's life.

I have reasons I don't use Rx drugs. It would take an hour to list them in a way that would be complete and explanatory.

It has nothing to do with perceived weakness. Is it possible you may be projecting?
Old 01-17-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Like everything else in life I don't think any of us can really judge - or know what's going on in someone else's life.

I have reasons I don't use Rx drugs. It would take an hour to list them in a way that would be complete and explanatory.

It has nothing to do with perceived weakness. Is it possible you may be projecting?
Thank you so much for putting this into these words. I was unable to search for the correct verbiage to not come across as an ass and I think you hit it on the head how I would have loved to express the topic!

I'll edit: That may be one of my shortcomings I am working on

Last edited by DreamCatcher17; 01-17-2018 at 10:20 AM. Reason: adding