SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello new friends :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/421949-hello-new-friends.html)

Gem010918 01-15-2018 11:00 AM

Hello new friends :)

I cannot believe I am actually here but I am proud of myself for taking a giant leap of faith.

Today is 7th day...tomorrow will be a full week since I ended my love-hate relationship with vodka or chardonnay. I consider it a romantic break up - I have to focus on the negatives and not fall into romanticizing times I had with Mr. Bottle. Naturally, Mr. Bottle has been begging me to come back, using seductive and pleading gestures.

This morning I woke to Mr. Bottle's whispering in my ear how I should get a nice glass of vodka with cranberry juice so that I can go through today feeling like a goddess wanna be.

So here I am....this is going to be one of my tools to survive this messy breakup! I am SICK and TIRED of these nightmarish days of guilt, self hatred, laziness and making excuses. Mr. Bottle is NOT worth losing my self dignity over!! This 3 year long miserable relationship has to end.

Here I am :)

DreamCatcher17 01-15-2018 11:11 AM

Welcome,

You will find a lot of support here!

Way to go, putting that evil AV (alcohol voice) to bed, it is an evil evil thing it tries to do to us. Keeping it at bay is best!

least 01-15-2018 11:20 AM

Welcome to the family. :)

Nonsensical 01-15-2018 11:25 AM

Welcome to SR Gem!

Congrats on 7 days! :You_Rock_

ChloeRose63 01-15-2018 11:31 AM

Welcome to SR, Gem.
Stay with us for support and strength in those hard times of early recovery. Together we are strong!
Glad you are here! Have you joined the January 2018 Class? And you may want to jump on The Sober Bus and see what we are up to today! Fun people are there to befriend!

SoberLeigh 01-15-2018 01:32 PM

Welcome, Gem; very glad that you are here with us!

Stronger2017 01-15-2018 01:43 PM

Welcome to SR🙂

Mavie 01-15-2018 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gem010918 (Post 6748448)
... I consider it a romantic break up - I have to focus on the negatives and not fall into romanticizing times I had with Mr. Bottle. Naturally, Mr. Bottle has been begging me to come back, using seductive and pleading gestures.

This morning I woke to Mr. Bottle's whispering in my ear how I should get a nice glass of vodka with cranberry juice so that I can go through today feeling like a goddess wanna be.

So here I am....this is going to be one of my tools to survive this messy breakup! I am SICK and TIRED of these nightmarish days of guilt, self hatred, laziness and making excuses. Mr. Bottle is NOT worth losing my self dignity over!! This 3 year long miserable relationship has to end.

Here I am :)

I just said something of the exact same a few moments ago in my thread. LOL I also just joined today. Great minds with great timing! It feels good to not feel alone. So "hi" to you!

ProfessorD 01-15-2018 02:04 PM

Welcome! I think characterizing your relationship with alcohol this way will be helpful! Maybe I'll give it a try too :)

Dee74 01-15-2018 02:44 PM

Welcome Gem - and congrats on your week :)

D

PurpleKnight 01-15-2018 03:34 PM

Welcome to the Forum Gem!! :wave: