Notices

Anyone had this problem. Looking for answers

Old 01-15-2018, 01:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone had this problem. Looking for answers

Hi all
Long time drinker. I had 111 days sobriety before Christmas. I now have just 15 days sobriery.
Every morning I feel like I have been poisoned in my sleep i struggle to get up and am exceptionally lethargic from there my breath at this point is horrible and also the taste in my mouth. It is just like keytosis. I have normal healthy diet and still consume some chcolate/ sugars so should not be in keytosis my teeth are good and looked after well.

I am embarrassed about posting this but want to know is this something that we experience during withdrawal from alcohol.
I would like my fresh breath back.
If this happened to you what did you do?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Dustin - the lethargy is common, and the fatigue - but the bad breath - can't say I have any experience of that although I suspect it wasn't great for a while cos my teeth were really bad.

Do you have a diabetes problem?
Would you consider seeing a Dr?

D
Old 01-15-2018, 02:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dee
I have been tested and not diabetic.
I am under the GP currently waiting for next appointment. Lots of delays with non urgent appointments, post Christmas here in the UK. I will add this to what is already on the table, it could be linked as it is a gastro issue.
I have been going to the gym daily to do my bit. If you look at me I'm the picture of health. It's a somewhat deceptive picture!
However the force is strong in this one!
Old 01-15-2018, 02:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mr

Hey there.
Keep adding to the 15 !

http://alcoholrehab.com/alcoholism/a...nd-bad-breath/

I suggest some non alcohol mouth wash and tictacs
Old 01-15-2018, 02:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Lol Vman

Thanks for the link.
Mouth was and tick tacks at the ready😉

As stated oral hygiene is and has always been v good so this is worrying for me.
If it's not a regular experience for the person who stops consuming alcohol then I will have this knowledge to take to the GP.
Old 01-15-2018, 03:41 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I encountered all sorts of odd physical, emotional and even psychological bumps in the road when I finally got sober.

Dee's suggestion of medical help is a good one for all of us endeavoring to get sober. Get to your doctor, get a full physical, get honest with the doc about everything - your history, your consumption, your symptoms, your concerns..... and get professional guidance.

Apart from that - expect that you'll have a road ahead that includes a lot of strange sensations, a lot of challenges and at times concerns. When we take our bodies and our minds off the dependency on a drug, our bodies go through withdrawal, rebalancing, detoxifying, all sorts of things. A lot of it will be unique to you as a person, your body, your history. A lot of it will fit into patterns others have experienced and getting input from other sober folks is a great way to be ready for that.

Hang in there and keep at it, you can!

Old 01-15-2018, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I’ll state the obvious. Hydration. Sometimes we just don’t drink enough water. I find I’m not even thirsty so I have to consciously drink water.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I would recommend going to the doctor as it is likely to be not a big deal but better to take the help as its on offer.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's possible this is just coincidence and you have recently developed a dental issue. I would see the dentist first, before a doctor.