Notices

I had 17 months (year and 5 months)

Old 01-12-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had 17 months (year and 5 months)

As the tread title says. I had a year and 5 months. Not drinking really was my new normal. Then last Saturday I decided I would have some wine. I have decided that many times but never followed through because I had made it thus far.

I also expected because my whole living situation is different than my previous situation, and that is what fed a lot into causing me to drink, that I could have some and be good now....

But in the last 7 of days, I see 4.5 empty bottles. It is not lost on me the amount. And how easy it was to go right back after just 1 week. I can imagine in a couple I would be right back up to my 1-1.5 L bottles. Need to stop again before it comes to that.

Anyways. I’m back after a long stretch. And has really learned some lessons this past week. Feeling irritated by my choices.

So hello again.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you drank but I'm glad you're back summerfall

D
Old 01-13-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and posting, and that you survived your experiment.

BB
Old 01-13-2018, 12:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome back Summerfall,

Sorry to hear of your relapse. Glad to hear it was short and no catastrophic event happened.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Late night Contact needed.

Hi,First time ever on a Forum or chat room,don't even get how to get to different places.Hi and I'm not new to recovery,but had long relapse,and went far down,it definitely progresses.Please don't bother,I did it for you,and I'm a recluse now,too anxious to show up at MTG yet! Late is hardest for me.Vancouver,BC.12:05 P.S.T.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad you made it back Summerfall. Great you have been able to 'catch' yourself before it gets worse. I relapsed after 6 months and went straight back to my original drinking levels. That shocked me....I thought it would take a while to get back to that. Evidently not.
I look forward to seeing your posts.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are back Summerfall, those days will start to add back up again, and you will learn what you need to have in place for next time.

Thank you for sharing your story, I know that if I had one glass of wine my story would sound exactly like yours. Your post may help someone else who is struggling today.

Looking forward to seeing you posting.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back!
Old 01-13-2018, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Summerfall.

I am very sorry to hear of your relapse but am glad that you have recognized a problem and are back with us.

Stay close.

We do this together.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re back and THANK YOU for posting. What a great reminder of what comes along with that first drink.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Summerfall View Post
I have decided that many times but never followed through because I had made it thus far.
Good to see you getting back so quickly! I would have a closer look at this sentence and why this happened in your sobriety it my offer you the opportunity to work on why you feel you need to drink and make this time more robust for you. I had to dig deep and look at what situations, thoughts, feelings made me want to drink or at the very least uncomfortable in my own skin.

Wishing you the best.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:52 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Being complacent was always my path back to the drink. Not saying that's what you did,but posting/reading here daily has been HUGE for me! With the odd AA meeting here and there tossed in the mix.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Good to see you, summerfall - I'm glad you wanted to talk about your situation.

That's what happened to me every time I decided I could drink socially again. I refused to believe I had no control & that willpower alone wouldn't save me. All my promises to keep it to 'one or two' failed. Once I finally admitted I couldn't touch it - ever - I was able to stay free. You'll do it this time.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Akc

I’m 19 months sober and I keep thinking this too.. I know the outcome would be the same but I still keep thinking ‘what if I just had a couple of glasses!’ That’s the creepy addiction talking to me .. I think I must be in denial about the fact that I am 100% an alcoholic.. I cannot drink just 1 !!! It scares me that not too far far off 2 years sober I’m still thinking about what it would be like? Hence I’m on here and I’m glad you are too! Leave the wine where it is and stop, you’ve done this before you can do this again keep posting and getting the support from everyone on here