Notices

Im terrified

Old 01-11-2018, 07:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mac4711 View Post
Mera,
I think it would also be good to put in all into perspective. Do you think 500 years from now people will say: ‘Oh, we remember it well, in the year 2017 AD Mera once wired the wrong amount! What a shame! The people of Italy and the world will never forget!’?
;-)
What an amazing perspective....I'm stealing it. lol
Old 01-11-2018, 11:57 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you today Mera?

D
Old 01-12-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you are worried about how you are performing at work, ask a supervisor or a higher-up if you are doing ok, or if there is something that they suggest you do differently. I am sure they will affirm that you are doing great. But sometimes it is just nice to hear that. And if there are specific files/accounts that worry you, take them out, look at them, and recheck your numbers. Again. The work issues that keep me awake at night become less scary when I actually look at the files and realize that my fears are not based in reality.

As to the urge to drink, just remember to “play the tape forward”. You don’t have to be a fortune teller to be able to predict what will be the consequences if you begin drinking again. For you, for your children and, most importantly, for your mental well being.

All of us here who know you remember how you were doing when you were drinking. It wasn’t good, Mera.

Stay strong. Get past this rough patch. You can DO this.
Old 01-13-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am definitely not drinking, that would only make things much, much worse.
I have two more days with the woman leaving, I will make the most of them. My manager and boss think I am doing a good job, so that is good. I am just really nervous for the huge amount of stuff I need to take care of and keeping track of everything. It is all the accounting- incoming and outgoing, but also the organisation of our staff, communication with our clients, reports, etc, etc.
Yesterday I made a full list of everything I need to do weekly, monthly and then before and after each event. We are going to go over it together on Monday to make sure I got everything.
I'm dealing with the anxiety as best I can, have cut way down on my coffee and am drinking tension tamer tea at night.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi all, just a check in. Yesterday was my first day alone..... and I CRUSHED IT!!!! I am thrilled by my performance. I really was on the top of my game. I got things organised to suit my needs and my style. I got a TON of work done, just an enormous amount. I didn't miss a thing, not make a mistake. I feel so happy and relived. I know that tougher days will come where I won't be as sharp for whatever reason, but I was happy to make it through yesterday without drowning. I owe ALL of this to my sobriety. No way, no way in hell I would have been able to a. get this job b. keep this job or c. perform well if I were drinking.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:57 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Great news! See! You ARE great!
Old 01-17-2018, 10:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

There y'go
Old 01-18-2018, 12:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Mera,
Tanti auguri! Sometimes we indeed worry too much, great that it all worked out!

“I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.”
― Mark Twain
Old 01-18-2018, 12:22 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad to read this Mera
D
Old 01-18-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Mera. You deserve this. Because you earned it.

Keep crushing it.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Hi all, just a check in. Yesterday was my first day alone..... and I CRUSHED IT!!!! I am thrilled by my performance. I really was on the top of my game. I got things organised to suit my needs and my style. I got a TON of work done, just an enormous amount. I didn't miss a thing, not make a mistake. I feel so happy and relived. I know that tougher days will come where I won't be as sharp for whatever reason, but I was happy to make it through yesterday without drowning. I owe ALL of this to my sobriety. No way, no way in hell I would have been able to a. get this job b. keep this job or c. perform well if I were drinking.
Knew you could!
Old 01-18-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
under new management

Fantastic, Mera
Old 01-18-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Really delighted for you Mera!
Old 01-18-2018, 01:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Let the good feeling wash over you. Enjoy.
Old 01-18-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Mera, just ran across this thread today. So glad to hear you're off to a good start on your own.
Old 01-18-2018, 08:32 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Thank you for your support and encouragement. I am definitely not drinking, that would only make things much, much worse.
I have two more days with the woman leaving, I will make the most of them. My manager and boss think I am doing a good job, so that is good. I am just really nervous for the huge amount of stuff I need to take care of and keeping track of everything. It is all the accounting- incoming and outgoing, but also the organisation of our staff, communication with our clients, reports, etc, etc.
Yesterday I made a full list of everything I need to do weekly, monthly and then before and after each event. We are going to go over it together on Monday to make sure I got everything.
I'm dealing with the anxiety as best I can, have cut way down on my coffee and am drinking tension tamer tea at night.
My ex girlfriend is one of those high powered human resources managers. She interviews people a lot for jobs and made an interesting observation one time about the different attitudes, skills and confidence of two women from different generations who were applying for the same job. This would be a quite senior post such as yours.

One of them, a gen x I think, had all the requisite skills and would be ideal for the job, but she doubted her own ability, had no confidence.

The other, a gen y, was brimming with confidence but completely lacked the skills.

One generation had skills but no confidence, the next, confidence but no skills.

Part of the point of this is that it is common among the general population to feel this way, and has nothing to do with alcoholism.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:51 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Rar

YAY Mera! Great job!
Old 01-19-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm not in the least surprised Mera--thanks for sharing the great news!
Old 01-19-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

You got this!!!

Thanks for keeping us posted. Remember you are never alone ! We are always here with you supporting you!

Believe in yourself and see what others see in you!!!
Old 01-19-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hate to be the " we told you so" guy/gals,but... We knew you'd crush it! Congrats!