Welcome Muffinface!
Old 01-10-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Accidentally hit send message.

Well that cooks my crumpet. i accidentally hit send on a message, and after finishing it my 15 minute window expired. So here goes round 2.

Yo. First time poster and apart from my fiance and 3 psychologists who i bailed on ive never spoken about this secret alcoholism to anyone. Perhaps having a community of likeminded individuals like yourselves could be the key.

Ill try to keep this short but maybe saying some of the following will bring some catharsism.

Im 32 and ive been drinking for 10 years and its only getting worse. A bottle of whiskey a day or three bottles of wine a day kind of thing. And im at a point in my life where I can die from alcohol abuse, lose everything and everyone i love or both. So im here to make a change and begin a new chapter of my life.

Isn't it strange that you can attempt to quit smoking and get high 5s from your family and peers along with patches and gum but if you want to talk about being a recovering alcoholic? Nope. We dont do that. Its like a taboo subject here where youre just damaged goods and a tramp.

Ironically i havent spoken about it so maybe im wrong but that's how it feels for me.

I plan on changing this stupid life i lead and accept that i probably cant touch a drink for the rest of my life. One beers too many and one hundred isn't enough.
But ive got a couple of things I'd always wanted to ask and I think im im the right spot.

1. I'm getting married soon. How the F does one have no drinks at their own bucks party or wedding? How do you deal with an event that youre 'supposed to drink at?

2. I cant be the only one here who loves a really amazing wine or whiskey or whatever. Im sitting on a collection of wines that im so excited to explore but im beginning to come to terms with the fact that i just cant. How do you deal when you know you can't have the full experience at a restaurant or try a DLC or a wine from 35 years ago that is one of a kind?

Its laughable that i got here drinking the cheapest booze i could to not go broke and now I have a bunch of rare wines that ive always wanted to try and now cant.

The thought of only having made it 6 months and now having to begin again is like a crushing pressure that i cant lift. I know what I want to do but I cant see it happening. Its that black cloud that im sure everyone here is familiar with.

You have my thanks for reading this far and you have it again if you can share your wisdom with me. Cheers. *Raises glass of FU@#%NG mineral water*
Old 01-10-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I msg you but in a different thread with your same msg.
?? Bit confused as to where my reply went?
Old 01-10-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghoster18 View Post
I msg you but in a different thread with your same msg.
?? Bit confused as to where my reply went?
No I apologise thats my fault. I didn't think anyone would scroll down this far after seeing me only say 'hi first post

Admin please feel free to delete this thread. My bad.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi muffin. Welcome to SR, you are in the right place. I was sober during my engagement and wedding. I went for afternoon tea with all my girlfriends for my hen do. They all drank (all but one) with the tea but I enjoyed the lovely food.

I was nervous about my wedding; too much champagne flowing, but I told the hotel wedding planner that the bride could not drink alcohol AT ALL so all the staff were bringing me diet cokes all day.

Sadly I drank after one month of marriage, I am back here now and on day 7. I know life is so much better sober and straight.

You know you need to stop, sorry about the good wine but give it away as gifts to people who appreciate wine but don't have an alcohol problem.

I wish you luck, keep coming here; posting and reading posts, it helps.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Muffin, I think you would be surprised how supportive people can be, but sometimes you have to leave people/places behind
Best wishes for your wedding day. You should be surrounded with people that love and care for you on that day, and have your best interest at heart. Anyone else can do one ;-)
Old 01-10-2018, 07:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I merged both threads into one muffinface

D