Notices

Was this a panic attack?

Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Was this a panic attack?

I was cooking dinner tonight and all the sudden I got a strange feeling in my chest, started shaking and had to sit down. There was a bit of a cold sweat as well. I was making Chicken Marsala and now I wonder if it was the marsala wine that triggered that response? I ate it with no problems and have not had any cravings for alcohol. I stopped shaking and pretty much went back to normal a few minutes later.

What was that? I have an appointment with a doctor to talk about my anxiety soon. I guess I have a new issue to add to the list.

I hope everyone had a good and sober day today! Thanks for being here!
Old 01-08-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Could be anxiety. Panic attack is when your heart starts beating really fast and you have to quickly escape or leave or whatever. Think of how you would feel if been chased my a tiger, its the same feeling except its usually a false belief.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ozm8ey View Post
Could be anxiety. Panic attack is when your heart starts beating really fast and you have to quickly escape or leave or whatever. Think of how you would feel if been chased my a tiger, its the same feeling except its usually a false belief.
I tend to also forget to breathe when I have an anxiety attack. My wife notices and keeps asking what is wrong, if I tell her she worries and makes more anxiety, if I don't tell her she presses and causes more anxiety for the old catch 22. She's learning to spot my panic attacks these days.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DOS: 08-16-2012

Why cook with wine? For me I had to leave all alcohol behind. I won't even touch mouthwash with alcohol in it. I know it mostly burns off and all that but the act of using it and keeping onto that part of your old life is not a good idea in my opinion.

Could it have been a bit of low blood sugar? Sometimes I get weird and shaky and sweats and I find that eating some peanut butter helps.
Old 01-09-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think I will not use alcohol to cook again. I am a very high end cook, so eventually I will have to use alcohol in food, even if I don't eat it. It's too early to tempt fate though.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't use alcohol in my cooking anymore.
I think it gives the other flavours a chance to be enjoyed.

I've eaten out at a lot of places in the last ten years - not one meal cooked with alcohol.

I've never missed it

food for thought here too:

D