Old 01-08-2018, 06:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

see ya grantmeserenity

D
Old 01-08-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

You know that we'll all be here for you tomorrow.

You may not see that you are worth anything, but we see that, and you can believe us.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:53 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Are the timestamps and dates all messed up? I feel like I read this thread yesterday?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Offthemast View Post
Are the timestamps and dates all messed up? I feel like I read this thread yesterday?
It's beyond me these time stamps I'm on Mountain Standard Time and it's 11:38pm Monday.
Anyway back to GrantmetheSerenity...
one thing very valuable my therapist asked me was "How would you treat your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend whomever if they did what you did? Or were feeling like you do? Beat them up emotionally? ...I don't think so.
So don't keep doing it to yourself."
She really gave me a mind shift.
You seem like such a sensitive soul. And I suppose in alcohols defence I've done some pretty dumb s**t while sober. NOT THAT WHAT YOU DID WAS DUMB....no no no. It's just that we are human firstly and we can't believe everything we think. Hugs.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GrantMeSerenity View Post
thank you for posting that video its helped normally i wouldn't look at pictures of me because its about the past that little girl that in the photos make me feel sad because that little girl needed protected and she wasnt sometimes i think its must have been something i did wrong to make the bad things happen i dont think i did anything wrong but from flashbacks and nightmares and my sister saying things happened i dont know anything apart from that
I had some bad things happen to me as a child as well. I went to counseling over it not long ago and it helped. The person that hurt me is dead now so there is no asking why or confronting them.

I understand feeling sad when you see that little girl ... I feel that way too. I have told my younger self in the picture that I will protect you from now on and it's going to be ok. It's helps give me peace.
Old 01-09-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LadyBug66 View Post
I had some bad things happen to me as a child as well. I went to counseling over it not long ago and it helped. The person that hurt me is dead now so there is no asking why or confronting them.

I understand feeling sad when you see that little girl ... I feel that way too. I have told my younger self in the picture that I will protect you from now on and it's going to be ok. It's helps give me peace.
The thought of me looking back and saying that to myself just really helped me right now. Thank you.

GrantMeSerenity- I am glad you're here and I can really relate to a lot of what you said. Your post has helped me, so you're doing well being here already. I have been a lurker and sometimes poster here for years (couldn't remember my username or account so I started a new one recently) and at first I didn't feel like I fit in but eventually I started to read things that really spoke to me and eventually the message started getting through to me that I can get better and I can tackle these issues as long as I accept that I need to and get the help somewhere. <3
Old 01-09-2018, 06:47 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi GrantMeSerenity,

I am very glad you are part of our SR family, and that you came her and posted. Sounds like you have a husband that loves you very much, that is s great place to start building your support system. Have you spoken with s counselor about your feelings of not wanting to be here anymore? They can help you recognize the amazing person the rest of us see.

Have a terrific Tuesday!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-09-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How are you today GMS?

Sending you a hug
Old 01-09-2018, 10:19 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Earth Child

my cold has gotten worse i cant go out the house at all am sleeping most of the time feel so drained only awake to have something to eat cant make meetings at the moment