SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   romanticizing (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/421536-romanticizing.html)

faith823 01-08-2018 12:14 PM

romanticizing

Hi all,

today is 15 and now that I am feeling better and its a bit warmer out
I am nervous I may venture out for a "walk". Very dangerous time for
me due to the fact that I am out of work. Lots of time on my hands and no responsibilities. My life is all ready reduced to the bare minimum because of my drinking. I want to stay sober and rebuild my life.
I just feel better writing it all out. I appreciate all the posts and they
have been helping me tremendously.
Thanks :) I plan on staying in the rest of the evening the house is booze free.

JustTony 01-08-2018 12:53 PM

Well done Faith.

Great to read an uplifting and positive message!

Anna 01-08-2018 12:55 PM

Hi Faith, I'm glad it felt good to write it down and get it out. Stay focused on your goal of rebuilding your life and you'll do it!

DarklingSong 01-08-2018 01:08 PM

Keep going Faith!

faith823 01-08-2018 01:46 PM

Thank you for the responses.
I got a new hair cut and I feel lighter and more stylish. LOL
Tomorrow will be an exercise walk to get my heart rate up and the
endorphins flowing. While I was thinking about how to pass the time today of course my mind goes to the addictive thinking. I thought of this website , I will check in and be happy to report my thoughts and decision. I just had a big bowl of pasta and rather full. Feeling full really helps me with the cravings. Thanks again for the support and responses. :thanks
I will read some other threads and get some more wisdom..

:thanks:thanks:thanks:thanks

Soberween 01-08-2018 01:55 PM

Since you have a lot of time on your hands, I would add to your recovery plan. Whether it be face to face meetings, helping other alcoholics, exercise, meditation, etc. I would have a plan in place for when that moment comes (and it will come) when your AV will tell you it's okay to drink.

nova84 01-08-2018 02:06 PM

Great job on 15 days faith823 🤗

When the thought of drinking pops up, my head is immediately flooded with embarrassing, shameful and painful images related to my drinking...it puts me right off and dispels any romanticism. Wishing you well on your recovery journey 💜

Dee74 01-08-2018 02:33 PM

would you be interested in volunteering somewhere Faith - it helps fill in the days, is useful work, and looks good on a CV as well :)

D

Nonsensical 01-08-2018 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by faith823 (Post 6739221)
I just feel better writing it all out.

I wanted to shout that one out one more time so that no one misses it.

Writing down your thoughts is huge. It helps you think better and feel better. I don't think enough people realize it and take advantage of this easy way to feel a little better.

Well done, you! :c011: