Notices

Weekend

Old 01-08-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weekend

Hi All,

I did not do well this weekend. I was anxious about it and drank Fri, Sat and Sun night. Now I am back on day one and full of anxiety and self loathing.

I did go to an AA meeting on Saturday and I set up coffee and cleaned up after the meeting. I heard the following that stuck with me:

1) Don't deny someone their suffering, it takes suffering to get sober.

2) The more meetings you make the more chances you have to get sober. No meetings few chances.

3) If you think you don't have a higher power, you do. Alcohol is your higher power if you are drinking.

I am getting back on track and I know the guilt and self-loathing are not useful but I do feel bad.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back chowchow. If meetings are helpful to you by all means go to as many as you can. Don't forget that SR is "open" 24/7 too - so you can always log in here if you need some support.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't stop giving up. I notice you drank because of anxiety but it's still there.

I had a ton of anxiety in early sobriety. I felt like I was going insane because I wasn't in control of my own mind.

Time is the thing that will reduce the anxiety, it's hard but if you trust in it and keep your head down it will pass.

I've been off that horse many times myself, you just gotta hold on and break the cycle. It's not easy!