SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Trying... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/421305-trying.html)

needsumsupport 01-04-2018 08:28 AM

Trying...

Hi, day 3...having a hard time today...not sure where to start with my recovery....I can't drink anymore, it's effecting my health and I'm scared...very scared....but today I'm craving for a drink badly....gotta stay focused.... I know....but finding it hard today.....any suggestions, this is my first attempt to get sober....

chowchow 01-04-2018 08:37 AM

Yesterday was my day 3 and it was difficult. I found stuff to occupy myself and around 7:00 pm the desire was gone. I feel very anxious from 5 - 7. Those were my drinking hours. I am on day 4 and this is the longest I've gone without drinking since my drinking became a real problem. Keep posting. People actually do make it without drinking and we can too.

Rodney18 01-04-2018 08:37 AM

My first attempt was 29 days ago
I was scared as hell and that’s one of the defining reasons that made me quit
It was rough and it gets better in time. It truly does. I had to face a lot of things about myself. Bad things about myself. It turns out we are all human and we have frailties. I’m sticking with this and you can do the same. It does level out-it just takes time. I promise you this

Anna 01-04-2018 08:37 AM

Welcome! The early days are hard, but you can do this. Following is a link with a variety of recovery programs listed, as well as tips from our members:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...at-we-did.html

needsumsupport 01-04-2018 08:40 AM

Wow! Thanks....I can't go to recovery because I have to support myself...but I am determined to do this....I never drink in the morning so I'm surprised I'm feeling this way....Thank you for the replies, shows me I'm not alone.

2ndhandrose 01-04-2018 08:52 AM

Welcome needsumsupport :grouphug:

SoberRecovery is filled with wisdom, support, inspiration, encouragement and practical suggestions to help you in your recovery journey.

I found it helpful to read, read and read the countless threads here. This place is like a recovery encyclopedia at your fingertips!

Post your questions, your experiences and don't be afraid to reach out for support and hand holding, if you need it.

SR is open 24/7 :) someone will always respond!

:grouphug:

least 01-04-2018 08:55 AM

Welcome to the family. :) Getting sober is not easy, but it can be done. Give it your best effort. You will be rewarded. :)

Dee74 01-04-2018 01:34 PM

Hi and welcome needsumsupport :)

Rehabs only one option - there's also meeting based approaches like AA SMART or LifeRing, or book based approaches like Rational Recovery...and of course there are places like SR.

You'll find a ton of support here . We're glad to have you join us :)

D

Hevyn 01-04-2018 02:26 PM

It's great to have you with us, needsumsupport

I drank 30 yrs. & it did feel strange when I first stopped. I was happy to be free of it, but it took some time to adjust to the sober world. Talking things over here at SR meant everything to me - I've never felt alone again. Just know we've all been where you are and we understand like no one else can. Be proud of yourself for taking this important step towards a better life.

needsumsupport 01-04-2018 04:20 PM

Just have to say THANK YOU so much....you've helped me get through this day...I'll be back tomorrow "sober" because of the support I received today.

Done4today 01-04-2018 04:23 PM

The first few days are really hard. You have to be ready and willing to fight off that AV. It does get easier but tough times are always lurking and a recovery program helps you be prepared to cope. Good luck

Anna 01-04-2018 04:24 PM

I'm so glad you got through the day, and I will look for you here tomorrow. :)

Ghoster18 01-04-2018 05:39 PM

God bless you.
I'm trying too.
I'm in an kind of sleepless withdrawal state tonight it's not too bad bearable.
Posting hoping and learning.
I'm right there with you
Wishing you well on your sober journey and a new empowered life.
Ghoster.

jryan19982 01-04-2018 06:54 PM

Hey. You can do this. Just get through today and worry about the rest another day. It sounds weak but that is what helped me just to get through today without a drink. That's all that counts.

Some don't get a sign that alcohol is damaging their health until it is found via autopsy and then it's too late. Good luck to you.

needsumsupport 01-04-2018 07:00 PM

can't sleep tonight...worried...but your messages help...

SoberLeigh 01-04-2018 07:08 PM

SR is here for you, day or night, needsumsupport.

Early times can be difficult.

Sobriety will get easier; I promise.

DonnieB 01-04-2018 07:48 PM

Hate to see a fellow Canuck suffering. This being stuck indoors for months on end due to the weather sucks big time! But... you are the "master of your domain" here- and you can decide ENOUGH. Each hour gets a little bit better- each day a lot better. If that AV (alcoholic voice) is loud- yell more loudly back at it- just say no. You can do this- you have the inner strength to stop- like Nike....just do it!

soberandhonest 01-04-2018 08:01 PM

Sending all my good positive support your way needsumsupport! Those first few days are tough. Get through those, no matter how hard they are! We're here for you! Great job so far!

Hevyn 01-05-2018 02:57 PM

Sorry you were restless - it was a problem for me too. It did get so much better. In the early days, our anxiety is hard to handle - but it will settle down.

Dee74 01-05-2018 03:35 PM

hows it going needsumsupport?

D