SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   almost dying but thankful for life now (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/421035-almost-dying-but-thankful-life-now.html)

xxxNICHOLExxx 12-30-2017 06:48 AM

almost dying but thankful for life now

You think deleting an account grass will be greener on the other side... well I can ensure you it’s not
If your looking for answers it’s not under a bottle
You think running away from your problems will work.... nope not when the problem is yourself
I think relapsing multiple times is a lot better then 6 feet under the ground
Going through this alone is impossible! Don’t turn your back on people who care and support you instead embrace it
I thought deleting my account and not working on sobriety would been easy but after I deleted I part of hope in me was gone
I decided to stay back alone Friday until Sunday while family went visiting family down south I was posed to went to my late friends moms house to visit her and support her after losing a daughter to alcohol I never did make it last evening and why is that?? I started drinking....she became worried after not showing up or answering her calls she came to my house to find me unresponsive from alcohol poisoning waking up in a hospital is life changing I’m lucky to be here
Me and her had a talk I told her about this site and how I deleted she told me not a be a dumba!! And start another account which I’m glad she told me that she offer to pay for outpatient rehab and counseling which I gladly said yes I’m selfish to have done that to my family and I’m finally ready to change
I changed my username because it’s a new me so goodbye Countrylife I hope I’m welcome back because I miss y’all and need you

ReadyAtLast 12-30-2017 07:07 AM

Welcome back. It's so good to see you back. Sorry to hear about what happened to you but good to have you back. This can be the new start you need. SR helped me get sober last time and I will do it again with the support on here.

entropy1964 12-30-2017 07:12 AM

Welcome back Nichole. I am so glad you are ok....miracle huh? Your friend came and found you. There's a reason for that.....

Its interesting that deleting your old account, while really just an action, made you feel like you had cut off a life line. I can totally relate. I can't see closing my account here, even if I go a time without posting (which I have done....both when drinking and when sober).

Hang in there. You can do this.

Delilah1 12-30-2017 07:12 AM

Hi Nichole,

I am sorry that happened to you. I a, very glad you are back, andit sounds like you have a wonderful support system in your mom. I'm looking forward to hearing about your outpatient program, and seeing you on here daily.

2018 is going to be a great year for you.

❤️Delilah

Gabe1980 12-30-2017 07:14 AM

Welcome back! :grouphug:

ChloeRose63 12-30-2017 07:16 AM

Glad to see you, xxxNICHOLExxx! So very happy you are here with us. Please know that we love and care about you! Stay strong!

xxxNICHOLExxx 12-30-2017 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Frickaflip233 (Post 6727014)
Welcome back Nichole. I am so glad you are ok....miracle huh? Your friend came and found you. There's a reason for that.....

Its interesting that deleting your old account, while really just an action, made you feel like you had cut off a life line. I can totally relate. I can't see closing my account here, even if I go a time without posting (which I have done....both when drinking and when sober).

Hang in there. You can do this.

I deleted my account cause I I’m pretty good at distancing myself from support i was feeding my AV and if I left my account open I’d talk my self out of drinking I wasn’t ready to get sober so I thought... but I’m pretty sure I hit my rock bottom only the only way is up I know it’s not going to be easy and is going to be a long road!!! Now I know you can’t undo 15 years of drinking over night but every day sober will starve my AV and weaken my addiction

ChloeRose63 12-30-2017 08:31 AM

Great attitude! Just take it one new day at a time!

Verdantia 12-31-2017 03:31 PM

Welcome back, Nichole! I'm so glad that you will be getting help. Best wishes to you for a wonderful sober new year!

Dee74 12-31-2017 05:05 PM

I'm glad you made it back Nichole - how are you today?

D

xxxNICHOLExxx 12-31-2017 05:50 PM

Not good pressure to drink and dealing with a drunk husband

ChloeRose63 12-31-2017 05:57 PM

Stay close to us! There are alot of us here on line tonight!

Dee74 12-31-2017 06:20 PM

this is a great reason not to give into pressure :)

she came to my house to find me unresponsive from alcohol poisoning waking up in a hospital is life changing I’m lucky to be here
D

xxxNICHOLExxx 12-31-2017 06:34 PM

Yep that’s why I’m still sober trying to stay to myself and not listen to them

xxxNICHOLExxx 12-31-2017 07:28 PM

Any advice on how to deal with a drunk spouse trying to pick a fight??

least 12-31-2017 07:31 PM

Avoidance. Go in another room. Don't engage.

Inchworm 12-31-2017 07:52 PM

^^^^^^ what least said. Be safe and post on SR. We care about you.

Delilah1 12-31-2017 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx (Post 6728967)
Any advice on how to deal with a drunk spouse trying to pick a fight??

Is there a room you can go where he won't follow?

ReadyAtLast 01-01-2018 01:15 AM

How are you doing now Nichole? I hope you got away from your husband and are ok. We can't change what others do just what we do in reaction to them

tiffanyeagle 01-01-2018 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by xxxNICHOLExxx (Post 6726981)
I think relapsing multiple times is a lot better then 6 feet under the ground
Going through this alone is impossible! Don’t turn your back on people who care and support you instead embrace it
I thought deleting my account and not working on sobriety would been easy but after I deleted I part of hope in me was gone
I decided to stay back alone Friday until Sunday while family went visiting family down south

:thanks