Notices

almost dying but thankful for life now

Old 01-01-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Yep. Don't engage. I used to pretend to be asleep before he got to drunk and bolshy. Things have improved recently on that front for me, as he's severely cut down on his drinking. I'm still feeling like this is a bit of a miracle. Its certainly an answer to lots of prayers!! Waiting to see if it lasts.

But, when I first got sober my OH was quite threatened by it I think. His reaction was to drink at me. Upping the anti. That lasted a year or so. Afterwards he'd be "i suppose you're going to leave me." In the end i stopped saying "of course not" and told him " if I do leave it won't be because I'm sober, or because I don't love ya, it'll be because I can't stand living with you while you're behaving like a dick and picking arguments all the time. " but even that didnt have any effect, so I'm pretty confused (but grateful) about this latest change in him.

Why not get to some meetings and get some support. It's unlikely you'll get much from your partner from the sounds of it.

BB x
Old 01-01-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope you are doing ok Nichole?

DS
Old 01-01-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If he keeps following you room to room you may have to leave the house, at least for awhile until he passes out.

I had to do that with my mother for years.

Ultimately, living with a drunk may be impossible in terms
of your own peace and sobriety.

Very glad you are back.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:29 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Still sober day 3 it was kinda an upsetting night i Was called a pu—y for not drinking with them every 5min was being ask to drink which I know they was trying to break me down to drink I couldn’t help but laugh sometimes because I was ask if I was pregnant or sick since I wasn’t drinking like wanting to change my life and slowly killing my self with alcohol wasn’t a good enough reason to stop?? But I guess I’m to blame for getting my husband goin he tried to leave to go take our truck to play in the snow and do donuts in a field I told him no he been drinking and have some common sense which that lead to him wanting to arguing over everything I took ur advice and just kept going to different rooms and not giving in to his nonsense he will not admit to his drinking problem because according to him it’s not a problem until you stop he has already made it clear he will not stop and I get zero support from him I love him to death but he is a d—k even his own mom and friends says he is but I’m taking responsibility for my actions and I’m doing me just because he drinks doesn’t mean I have to because if he would jump off I building I grantee I wouldn’t follow!!
Thanks for the support y’all happy new year
Old 01-01-2018, 10:28 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Brilliant Nichole. Well done on Day 3.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, why not go out and do something away from home. Visit a friend, go for coffee, give yourself a bit of time away. No need to give in to pressure.