Notices

One precious life!

Old 01-11-2018, 06:16 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks Faith I still have insomnia it's 2am here in England my body's still going through readjustment but it's ok no work till Monday so it doesn't matter.
Great to hear from you hope all is well in your world?
Keep up the good sober program we are fellow travellers!
G
I had 34 days about 3 months ago so I know I can live free of the poison!
And 90 days before that albeit a few years ago it still drives me on to keep fighting back and to make the changes stick!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Good job ghoster! I’m waiting for my creativity to come back. I’m on day 25. I think in the past several years it just felt like life was falling apart, and all I could do was try to keep it somewhat together. It was survival, no room for creativity. I hope you stick with it! I’m feeling a lot better at 25.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Ghosted, I can't remember if you said you'd been put on medication by your UP at all. It just occurs to me that some mind-altering meds can affect creativity - I don't suppose they list it as a side-effect though.

One of my autistic pupils spends a lot of time drawing. It calms him and is an outlet for him as he is, for the most part,non-verbal. A while ago the doctors changed his meds for various reasons, and he was lovely and calm, but he just could not draw. He'd sit holding his pencil, looking at the paper in front of him. He could colour pictures given to him, so that's what we did for a while, but it scared me and his mum, and we were relieved when his meds were changed again and his creativity returned and he was able to do what he loves to do.

Anyway. Just an idea to consider if you are on meds at the moment. (No judgement either way re meds by the way.)

BB
Old 01-12-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi BB and all you lovely folk out there
No meds for me BB, I've tried so many to be honest they aren't a remedy for my condition!
The remedy is allowing myself to feel the disturbances
Process them either alone or with help from people I trust even if they **** me off that's ok, I say that hesitantly but often times on reflection they maybe right.
But if they're not I'll set my posture and lay my stall out I'm nobody's door mat.
So it's a colourful process breaking the back of my addiction
It takes creative expanded thoughts feelings ideas to make it through.
Only day two but everything I've experienced up to this point of my life is part of my myself and I can use it to make this attempt a life long successful attempt.
G