Notices

Airport Bars

Old 12-30-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was in a few airports over the holidays and was pleasantly surprised by how relaxed I was about the potential "triggers", as airports/planes have always been places where I "reward" myself for being stressed, busy, sleep-deprived, or just hungover. Free wifi in most airports definitely helps and I was pretty much glued to SR while waiting for my (delayed) flights. (Thanks SR!) Eating an actual meal and getting some exercise before going to the airport also helped. It seems to me that surprisingly few people drink on planes these days (in my part of the world, anyway), and it is definitely cringe-inducing to see a couple suited-up guys get on board, feeling like $100 and probably getting a buzz on over a hangover from the yesterday's wild night out on "the road" and conversing a bit too loudly and self-importantly while ineptly flirting with the flight attendants. There but for the grace of God...
Old 12-30-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Samantha

Airports are a hard one for me too.
Luckily most of my flights leave in the morning and they do not have a bar at the one here after security and I don’t think airports in Canada serve before 11am so I’m usually okay there.
Unless I’m for some reason on an afternoon flight and it’s delayed.
I hate delays! Then, I put my Fitbit on and see how many steps I can get.
Lately been avoiding the lounge since I can’t say no to free booze.
Just trying to stay busy is what works for me.