Notices

Just a little check-in

Old 12-28-2017, 10:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just a little check-in

Good morning everyone😁

I've been a little absent here the last couple of days. I'm feeling a lot better. I had been fighting the urge a lot the last month and my AV finally got the better of me on Christmas Eve. Thank God I haven't had any urges since, but I am still trying to be very careful about not letting the thought "Just one will be okay" make its way into my head. Anyway, I know I can't just have one.

Anyone who is thinking about drinking, it's not worth it. I gave in at 203 days. I'm lucky that night of drinking didn't turn into a week long binge. But I think that's only because I knew I had to try hard to not allow myself to drink the next day. And all I got out of it was a night of throwing up and and a hangover the next day along with the memories of me being a drunk on Christmas Eve.

I'm ready to put in more work for my recovery😁

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 12-28-2017, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job bouncing right back! I myself know how hard that is when everything inside is screaming "you already screwed up so what's the point?! Just keep drinking!!" The AV really wants us to think we are too weak to find another way. But we CAN be strong if we choose to be ☺
Here is to rocking another sober day
Old 12-28-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I had a drunken night around the 8mo mark and did the same thing you're doing now. Posted on here . I've heard "relapse is part of recovery" and while I don't totally believe that, the drunken night I had did open my mind up even more about how I just can not drink anymore. Not for any reason at all.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great see you back. It took me five days to stop once I started so I am back at day 3 after having six months. So, I think you did brilliantly to stop right away. Lets make it into 2018 sober.
Old 12-28-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's good to see you back and that you are not allowing the relapse to take over. I hope that you keep posting and reading here.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've heard "relapse is part of recovery"
It's not. Relapse is part of my sickness, not my recovery.

I'm not being pedantic for the sake of it and I'm not throwing shade on anyone who relapses - I did it enough myself.

but I think it's a really important point to make - I don't need to get sick again to get well - I can just...stay well

D
Old 12-28-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
I've heard "relapse is part of recovery"
i remember years ago my sponsor banging me on the head with the big wood imaginary mallet for saying that

Old 12-28-2017, 06:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are back posting.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I remember your relapse and posting encouragement to you the next day. You were feeling so very low.

I'm so pleased for you that you showed the amazing strength that got you to 203 days in the first place straight away. Us alcoholics can be so "all or nothing" in our mentality, so to bounce back at the first time of asking is as inspirational to me as it is amazing within itself.

Best Regards,

JT