Notices

Today is Day One...again.

Old 12-28-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Today is Day One...again.

On Christmas Eve 2015, I threw away 6 and a half years of sobriety. Since then I have been drinking on and off again. Looking back over the last two years, I have lost my apartment, my credit score and my confidence. I haven't endangered my health yet, but I am astounded by the horrible decisions I started making almost the day I started drinking again.

Over the six years of sobriety, I had my life in order. Things weren't perfect, but they were definitely not as messed up as they are now.

Today is a new day and I am beginning to be honest with myself. Today is the first day of my new sober journey.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear it been a bad few years.....great that you made it back though. Thats what matters. Hope you will stick around SR. Six and a half years is incredible.....you must have been doing something right to have been sober that long!
Best wishes
Old 12-28-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, I was. I was taking responsibility for my life and my actions. I was being honest with myself and others.
Old 12-28-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

H Michael,

I'm glad you decided to come back in SR. I have found this site to be the biggest part of my recovery plan. Six and a half years is an impressive amount t if sober time, what were you doing for recovery during those years that worked? Was there some trigger that caused you to start drinking again? Have you thought about the supports you plan to put in place to help you on your journey now?

You may want to consider joining the December and even January class (once it starts). I found it helpful to have others at the same point in their journey as me.

Glad you are back!
Old 12-28-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back MichaelAtl77

D
Old 12-28-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Delilah. I occasionally went to a meeting. I've had a Big Book since 2005. I would occasionally read it. Then, I was at a meeting with about two years of sobriety and someone else wouldn't shake my hand because I didn't go to meetings every day. I stopped going to meetings and didn't really do anything to maintain my sobriety. Started dating a heaver drinking woman who couldn't deal with my sobriety. More gradual seeds were placed in my mind that I was cured.

The key is that I stopped maintaining my sobriety.
Old 12-28-2017, 04:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Looks like 2018 is to be a great new chapter for you Michael. Good to see you here.
Old 12-28-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you’re here, Michael. Stick around and be good to yourself!
Old 12-28-2017, 05:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by MichaelAtl77 View Post
Then, I was at a meeting with about two years of sobriety and someone else wouldn't shake my hand because I didn't go to meetings every day.

laughing with you not at you

we are the same !

resentments are my #1 offender ... most likely thing to take me back to drinking (or worse) ... see my signature