Notices

Scared

Old 12-27-2017, 06:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared

Hello I’m new to this. Friday night I drank the most I ever drank. I chugged about 500ml of Bacardi because I was having a panic attack. I went to bed and woke up in vomit. Don’t remember throwing up or anything. I then vomited again and again. I’m scared because it’s 3 days later and I’m still lightheaded. I also read you can stop breathing from alcohol poising. Is it possible I stopped breathing in my sleep and my brain was deprived of oxygens. I asked my doc he said he didn’t think so. But I’m still so scared I might have caused permanent brain damage.

Thank you for reading
Old 12-27-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lucky you didnt die of alcohol poisoning or from aspirating vomit and drowning/suffocating while passed out. It can take your liver quite some time to handle the quantity you drank so quickly. Good you checked in with a doctor. Check with him again if you are worried.

Don't drink in the meantime. Do you intend to stop this dangerous behavior completely? This forum is full of people to support you and help you see how much better and livable life is without booze. This is not a forum that will give medical advice, though.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Welcome to SR. If you are at the chugging 500 ml of alcohol stage of drinking, you've likely got a problem that will only progress. Hope you give serious thought to quitting. In the meantime, avoid Dr. Google.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Anx,

I hate Dr.s, but they are needed. If I told a Dr. about how I felt, I would have been put in a physco ward.

I didn get a serious physical until I was well over 2 years done w booze.

I was afraid of what he would tell me. I didn't want alky in my medical records.

I was...light headed and anxious....off and on...for well over 10 years. I still drank.

I had agoraphobic feelings as well. Still drank.

It was getting worse and worse. Each time I drank too much or didn't drunk for a while. It was a hellish death spiral.

I had to go through hell to get this clean. I suffered through all of the above for at least 2 years getting used to normal.

I believe that is why some people drink until they die. They can't take the suffering required to get cleaned up.

The pain was so horrid...I took no rx drugs. I dealt w it and it made me stronger.

Hope my story helps.

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have had a rotten experience and are bound to feel a bit traumatised from it. In the past panic attacks, even without alcohol could leave me drained and low level anxious for days. Try and do some things to calm your nervous system......epsom salts baths, reading, controlled breathing etc.
Take care.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

THe body is a pretty tough organism, so hopefully no permanent damage done. I agree that giving serious consideration to quitting might be a good idea. Chugging that much booze is not a normal drinking pattern. Remember, a non alcoholic can drink a half a glass of wine or take two swigs of a beer and walk away from it. We can't.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies
I drank because I had a sudden feeling of dizziness and got scared. Im a hypochondriac so any symptoms unusually freak out. So I had 2 shots then when to bed the. I woke up in a panic had a few more shots then went to bed than woke up with more panic and chugged the remaining 500 ml then went to bed I woke up in vomit don’t remember anything and I was alone. So I read online that alcohol poisoning can make you stop breathing so I’m scared during the night I stopped breathing and my brain had no oxygen. I woke up and didn’t drink anymore actually didn’t even feel that sick maybe because I threw it up? Anyways that’s why my anxiety is through the roof I haven’t drank since that day
Old 12-27-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome anxiety100

I'd trust your doctor - if they say you were unlikely to have brain damage, I'd go with that. They have no reason to lie to you

It's clear you realise now what you did is very dangerous tho.
Aspirating on vomit has taken many people out.

Drinking on a panic attack is kind of like trying to put out a fire with gasoline.

Are you a regular drinker?

D
Old 12-27-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I used to drink to medicate for anxiety but now I’ve had some long gaps like 60 and 120 days no alcohol this last gap was 60 days. I ready that most people who aspirate on vomit have also mixed sedative drugs along with alcohol I don’t know
Old 12-27-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Drinking that much is dangerous. I hope you'll use the support here to stop drinking for good.