Notices

Scared to get sober

Old 12-26-2017, 04:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared to get sober

I am really really trying my hardest to quit drugs but my biggest fear is getting sick. Has anyone gotten through this major fear or can give me some motivation? Thank u
Old 12-26-2017, 06:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi LULU,
Over the years, I have detoxed from many drugs, including alcohol/ Coke, meth, weed, opiates, acid, and of coarse booze. It is scary, and most people will tell you to go to detox. I have never been to detox and have successfully quit these substances at home. (I am still battling with booze, I'm certainly no saint). I always took time off of work, as much as you can without loosing your job. plan on locking yourself in the house for a few days, this is the worst part. You will sweat, scream, cry, puke, and repeat. then on day 3, get out of the house. start by walking to the mail box, then go to the grocery store and buy everything that sounds good to eat.Yea, 3 days done, the worst is over. now you can start to change the habits, go back to work and focus on that for a month, i never saw any friends during this time, just focus on keeping your livelihood. Then, you will feel ready to make the long term goals, it's all about getting over the first few humps...hope this helps//hugs
Old 12-26-2017, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I’m struggling to quit too Lulu. I have been drinking. Thank you for sharing, I don’t feel so alone tonight.
Old 12-26-2017, 07:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

every recovered addict has gotten through it. Fear kept us all in our drug much longer.
Old 12-26-2017, 09:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Withdrawal can be hell, but remember that once you go through it you'll never have to go through it again. And once you get to the other side, it's worth it.