SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   First Christmas Day sober (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420812-first-christmas-day-sober.html)

rainyengland 12-25-2017 10:09 AM

First Christmas Day sober

Anyone else having there first Christmas Day sober? :-)

My first in at least 15 years , good feeling although AV had a little hissy fit about lunchtime

Got a splitting headache but that’s due to kids been overdosed with excitement and sugar 🤣

JJ991 12-25-2017 10:14 AM

This is only sober one I've had apart from when pregnant!

I have a kid induced headache too! ;) my husband has gone for a lie down....he cooked but also had 2 bottle of beer and a bottle of wine!! So just me & the kids - one glued to a 2DS but the younger one insisting on playing!!

At least I'll remember all of today! :)

It is definitely a rainy England this evening!!

Good job on ignoring the AV!

Red78 12-25-2017 10:21 AM

Boxing day now and I woke up sober as, my first Xmas day sober since I can remember..

Delilah1 12-25-2017 10:30 AM

Great job to each of you, and Merry Christmas!!!

PurpleKnight 12-25-2017 11:38 AM

Fantastic stuff!! . . . well done to everyone making this Xmas a Sober one!! :You_Rock_

Gabe1980 12-25-2017 11:44 AM

First sober Christmas in a decade for me Rough afternoon cooking with no wine but I ate so much it killed the craving. Im just grateful I managed to enjoy some of today, even if its been hard. Lovely company and some awesome smelly stuff in my stocking!!

Congrats to all us sober Christmas newbies!! Gabe x

Magpie82 12-25-2017 11:46 AM

I’m 35, and I believe this is my first sober Christmas since I was 18 or 19. So, 16-17 years. Last night was when we did the big family deal, and it went okay sober. I definitely had some cravings, but I made it.

24violets 12-25-2017 12:12 PM

My first sober Christmas too. I’m not hungover or exhausted. It has been really nice. I feel very relaxed. It’s funny, I thought wine helped me relax, turns out it was making me much more irritable. I’m so happy to be apart of the sober Christmas bunch. We are getting a blizzard and feet of snow here in Northern US.Hey great job my newly sober buddies!!!:You_Rock_

MidnightRider 12-25-2017 12:22 PM

Congrats and let's see the the sober New Year !

Sober here too.

What a thrill it is ... To be connected to everyone and not withdrawn and/or sleeping... or Worse!

Bless all !
Enjoy.

Kachal 12-25-2017 01:53 PM

It was mine too. We had a pretty quiet one. Usually we host a big orphans Christmas party (our families are both far far away) but this time we saw a couple of friends doing their family thing and then went home and watched a movie. It was great.

MyLittleHorsie 12-25-2017 02:04 PM

First sober Christmas in a long time. Husband fell asleep early last night and I napped today.

Lasagna and breadsticks in oven now. I might even tell my family where I hid the xmas fudge lol. Maybe, they are eating like savages lol.

Dee74 12-25-2017 03:31 PM

congrats to all you guys :)

D

FenwayFaithful 12-25-2017 03:33 PM

This is my third sober xmas but my first one home at my parents in Boston and it’s been hard. I am sick and suffering lately. However being pregnant I knew I couldn’t drink. I didn’t really feel resentful about not being able to drink while others could, know how I get, but I’ve been really depressed and irritable. I spent my first sober xmas in treatment and remember being overwhelmed with gratitude. I’ve def lost some of that over time, also on day 3 of quitting smoking cold turkey so I’m sure that doesn’t help. The last I spent at home I got black out drunk and chipped my tooth and made an arse out of myself in general I don’t miss that. I’ll probably hit a meeting tomorrow I could use one! Congrats to you All who made it thru today sober and if you didn’t tomorrow is a new day

Outonthetiles 12-25-2017 03:42 PM

Second sober Christmas for me!
Couldn't be happier about that fact.

FeelingGreat 12-25-2017 03:46 PM

You feel pretty good the next morning don't you?

snitch 12-25-2017 04:04 PM

My first one in about 20 years! Am just about to go to bed and am sober...wow never thought I would see the day. I definitely had some hard cravings, my sister and brother are big drinkers and always had a glass in hand, but I am determined not to go to back to that dark place I was in a month ago. I enjoyed my food, had some sparkling schloer with my dinner, helped with the washing up instead of passing out on the sofa, played with my daughter and was 100% there for her today and am now snuggled up in bed next to her listening to her cute little snores.

Am so happy and grateful to be going to bed sober and can't wait to wake refreshed for Boxing Day instead of hungover, grumpy, depressed and anxious!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

andyh 12-25-2017 05:24 PM

my first sober xmas for eight or nine years. I can't even remember whether I turned up at my parents' place for lunch last year - probably not :(

much better this year, aside from my two small nieces being in full-on meltdown for much of the day, but such are the joys of a family xmas :)

wiseheart 12-25-2017 10:59 PM

End of my first sober Christmas in 30 years. There were some nailbiting moments, idealizing all the happy looking folks enjoying their drinks all around town. But I knew it wouldn't end up so happy for me if I picked up a drink. One more holiday to go in 2017! Thank you to everyone at SR for being here and showing the way.

August252015 12-26-2017 01:22 AM

Way to go!!

b0glerd69 12-26-2017 01:34 AM

Well done everyone. Sober here, too. My son cooked for us as he has developed a recent interest. It has all been very peaceful and calm. I was sober for the first time in many years last year so I have been here before. Now to tackle the mountain of dishes beside the sink.