Notices

Spouse trouble

Old 12-24-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spouse trouble

Been arguing with my wife over the money I spent during my last binge that ended 4 days ago...I'm not mad at her because she's right...but my stress level is high...but then I know she's stressed from these years of dealing with me.....I'm trying to be strong minded and deal with what I created...but it's hard...our kids...her and myself deserve better than this...not looking like a good holiday...
Old 12-24-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I feel for you I know exactly what your going through. I'm exactly where you are . I finally stopped sniffing cocaine 6:30 this morning and spending 370 dollars in the last 2 days on nothing but coke Weed and alcohol. I was expecting the attitude from my man. But he cursed me out this morning took the kids out and left me here feeling like the failing mother and fiancee that I have been recently only thinking about myself. I have to get my **** together it's ridiculous I've been dealing with this since I was 19 I'm 32 now. 😓😓
Old 12-24-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

The early days are really hard, and like you, I had to face a lot of anger and disappointment from my family. The only thing you can do is to stay strong and be patient with your wife.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As long as you are alive you have hope. First, you have to stop drinking and drugging. Then you have to get to a detox, rehab, or meetings. Don't worry about apologies to your significant others, kids, parents, friends, etc they have heard it many times before. Your only concern should be you for the next 7-10 days as you detox and get the poison out of you. Good luck, happy holidays and a new year is right around the corner. Lets make change now for the new year.
Old 12-24-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It takes time to win back trust. Show her with your actions that you're serious this time. And yes, be patient with her.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Draw a final line under your old drinking life, and begin to build a new Sober life.

Nothing better than changing up our actions to rebuild that trust, in being the spouse and father that they deserve.

You can do this!!
Old 12-24-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Shortly after I stopped drinking I also stopped having arguments with Mrs. Nons about the problems my drinking was causing.

Old 12-24-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to take my lumps.

I figured I'd done wrong and I couldn't really ask people not to be mad at me cos I was fragile.

If nothing else I was glad I finally was taking responsibility for my actions.

In time, I got trust back - but I earned it back with actions, not words.

I hope things settle a little and you and your spouse have a great Christmas

D