SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Deserving (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420768-deserving.html)

badgerden 12-24-2017 09:16 AM

Deserving

Hey everyone, from the newly sober, to those with some time under your belts, take a moment and remind or tell yourself that you do deserve to be happy, to have peace of mind. Be selfish, do something for yourself, read a book, buy an new kitchen appliance, golf club, whatever you enjoy.

We need to be sober for ourselves, not for anyone else. It can be a long lonely journey sometimes, others will not always understand what we are going through, what it takes to go out in public and be "socially acceptable".

We may have to cut ties with close friends and distance ourselves from family either permanently or temporarily and that's not an easy decision to make or to act on but it sometimes needs to be that way.

What issues your addictions have caused are now in the past. Square your shoulders and look to a sober future, it is possible no matter how the future looks to you right now.

So please cut yourself some slack, your worth it no matter what you think about yourself you truly are.

Badge

MidnightRider 12-24-2017 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by badgerden (Post 6720151)

We need to be sober for ourselves, not for anyone else. It can be a long lonely journey sometimes, others will not always understand what we are going through, what it takes to go out in public and be "socially acceptable".

Thank you!

Delilah1 12-24-2017 09:20 AM

Hope you are doing some of those things for yourself Badger.

FallingStars 12-24-2017 09:23 AM

Boy that rigs so true... I made a mess of some relationships when I was drinking that still haunt me today. Just have to look forward and move on... thanks for the encouragement

badgerden 12-24-2017 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Delilah1 (Post 6720161)
Hope you are doing some of those things for yourself Badger.

I am Delilah, working hard on not being a doormat anymore. Husband is not always happy with the new me. My sober self is stronger, and I like that. :Squat:

Plus I bought myself a new expensive toy,,,, :)

Badge

badgerden 12-24-2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by FallingStars (Post 6720167)
Boy that rigs so true... I made a mess of some relationships when I was drinking that still haunt me today. Just have to look forward and move on... thanks for the encouragement

your welcome, and keep looking forward!

Together!

Badge

theVman31 12-24-2017 09:51 AM

Very nice badge.
Enjoy your new toy :)
Onwards always.

badgerden 12-24-2017 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by theVman31 (Post 6720224)
Very nice badge.
Enjoy your new toy :)
Onwards always.

absolutely! I like that, thank you!

Badge

PurpleKnight 12-24-2017 11:38 AM

Great post Badge!! :scoregood

Dee74 12-24-2017 03:08 PM

Happy Holidays Badgerden :)

D

badgerden 12-24-2017 04:16 PM

You also Dee