SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Selfish little a.hole. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420757-selfish-little-hole.html)

MyLight123 12-24-2017 05:28 AM

Selfish little a.hole.

I am such a f*** up. I can be sober for Christmas, YES. One day @ a time....:a043:

Toughroad1209 12-24-2017 05:41 AM

That's it!...one day at a time...what's done is done. Move forward towards happiness battle the alcohol one day at a time

JJ991 12-24-2017 06:06 AM

I agree, one day at a time. It can be done.

Nonsensical 12-24-2017 06:19 AM

Welcome to Sober Recovery.
I used to call myself A-hole and f*** up, too. I somehow thought if I was being tough on myself it would help me stay sober. It never worked for me. What worked for me was understanding the nature of my addiction so I could intervene when and where it mattered most.

You can be sober on Christmas or anytime you choose to be.

Merry Christmas!!!
Best of Luck on Your Journey!!! :ring

Lookingforchange 12-24-2017 06:30 AM

My therapy taught me beating yourself up and self hatred is going to make you want to drink so it’s not good. Self care is maybe part of the way forward-obviously not condoning drinking but looking after yourself and your health-because YOU are worth it.

least 12-24-2017 07:19 AM

Welcome to the family. :) You can get sober and live a good life. It stops when you put the bottle down. :)

Gabe1980 12-24-2017 08:00 AM

Its one minute at a time for me at the moment but it can be done. And I think we have all been selfish a.holes when in the depths of alcoholism but try and find a kinder voice inside of you. We all deserve a bit of compassion. This disease is fecking nightmare of a thing to cope with. Gabe x

Anna 12-24-2017 08:50 AM

Yes, you can be sober for Christmas! Do it!

PurpleKnight 12-24-2017 11:19 AM

Welcome to the Forum MyLight!! :wave:

Dee74 12-24-2017 03:11 PM

Hi mylight :)

I'm sure you're just like the rest of us - a good person grappling with a bad problem.

Don;t beat yourself up too much -that just makes it easier for us to make that bad decision and drink again.

Yes, you can stay sober for Xmas and you'll have dozens of us joining you in that :)
This is a place of great support - welcome to SR :)

Hevyn 12-24-2017 03:52 PM

We're glad you're here, MyLight. There's no doubt you can do this. We want to help.

Verdantia 12-24-2017 04:22 PM

Hello there! You can absolutely do this and have a lovely sober holiday. I get the self-hatred and I still struggle with it at times. I didn't even think I could do it either but every journey starts with a single step; as you keep walking the sober days start to accumulate, and it feels really good. I want you to have this feeling, but you have to want it more. Wishing you a sober Christmas, Mylight. It is so worth the effort. Don't give up.