SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Here I am... Again... Day 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420749-here-i-am-again-day-3-a.html)

Juicer 12-24-2017 12:56 AM

Here I am... Again... Day 3

So this is my third day 3 post on these forums for the past 5 years.

My last day 3 was back in Oct. That only lasted for about 8 days and I've been drinking on and off, but somewhat controlled, until last Wednesday when I went off on a 3 day black out bender. This one kicked my butt, as with the last one in Oct. Horrible insomnia with the return hypnic jerks keeping me up all night.

My GF's family just arrived here for the holidays, and other than the occasional "hi" and "good night" while I drag my zombified self to and from the bathroom, they haven't seen me. She's disappointed in me and has been telling them I have the flu...

The shame... Guilt is horrible. If I could only get some sleep, I could not be such as rude ahole and participate.

I've been eyeing the clock here, and its an hour until the stores close and I'm seriously thinking of getting a pint, sleeping, to "right myself" and be OK tomorrow. If I try to sleep now, I will jerk, waiting me up, and then I get frustrated and sit back up. Alcohol is horrible stuff.

Dee74 12-24-2017 01:02 AM

Welcoem back Juicer

I think eventually you need to draw a line in the sand. It's better to do that now, than tomorrow, or next year or 5 years from now.

You'll prob ably look a little worse for wear and feel that way too - but you'll feel better again...& as they say - can't save your butt and your face at the same time.

read around here, post as much as you like - and stick around even after you feel better.

Admitting the problem is the first step to fixing it.

D

Juicer 12-24-2017 01:19 AM

Thanks Dee, I'm keeping myself grounded here tonight and staying home. You're right about me having to draw a line in the sand. While 5 years ago, my drinking wasn't impacting me too much, now its progressed to a stage that is definitely is. I can't even imagine how it would be in another 5 years at my current trajectory.

Tonymblue 12-24-2017 08:51 AM

I’ve been in exactly the same position. Push through it. You can do it. Remember, the situation is not as bad as you think it is.

Delilah1 12-24-2017 09:04 AM

Good advice above. Just think you can enter 2018 with a week of sobriety under your belt, and make 2018 your best year yet. Stick close to SR, there is always someone around here.

It took me a while to finally get sobriety right too, and I can promise you it is so worth it.

Mizzuno 12-24-2017 09:33 AM

Ive been exactly where you are. My last drinking "adventure" as I like to call it, really did a number on me. I logged on here. I talked. I saw it through. I made a commitment to myself that I was getting my life back.

Its good to hear you are not going to the store. See this through and bring in the New Year with health. You can do this. Its the best Christmas gift you can give to yourself and your family.

theVman31 12-24-2017 10:31 AM

I've had a few relapses and know that this "getting a pint, sleeping, to "right myself" and be OK tomorrow" is not going to happen. This is not a solution to the problem.
Make it day 4.
Vinny.

Toughroad1209 12-24-2017 10:40 AM

Hey Juicer....keep pushing thru...I'm on day 4 but every 5 mins I'm thinking of how can I stay strait to be a better man and not a drunk!...that's my focus...being a man that stands for something and not just a fly in the wind that disappears on binges at least once a month...think of where you want your life to go...it's a daily process juicer

PurpleKnight 12-24-2017 11:37 AM

Welcome back Juicer!! Great job on Day 3!! :scoregood