SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 5 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/420700-day-5-a.html)

Canuckleman45 12-22-2017 03:59 PM

Day 5

Well I'm about halfway through my Day 5. Been a good day, just got home from work and thats my trigger, but I have too much stuff to do right now to even bother with a drink. So thats awesome. But this weekend, Monday, and Tuesday are going to be rough I think. I volunteered to work the rest of next week just so I don't drink. Pretty pathetic I know. I have some stuff to around the house tomorrow, so we'll see. Anyways I hope everyone has had a good day so far and keeping up the fight! Merry Christmas if I don't "read" you guys first!!! LOL :a043:

Silverback4 12-22-2017 04:03 PM

Good job on day 5. Stick to your course, seems like you are keeping busy which is good.
The only thing you need to do is to not drink.

The next few days may be rough but you never need to do this again. Get the sober Xmas under your belt and 2018 is your oyster.
Merry Xmas

Dee74 12-22-2017 04:22 PM

Make sure you have a decent plan to work from Canuckleman - you can do this :)

D

Magpie82 12-22-2017 04:27 PM

Hey canuckle- I’m on day 5 too. I’m proud of us ;) Hope you have a sober holiday. It sure isn’t the easiest. Hang in there! It’ll be worth it to start a whole new year sober.

KG77 12-22-2017 08:34 PM

Awesome! 😁 I am a little worried about this weekend too... i usually spend Christmas Eve finishing up wrapping while drinking wine and watching It's a Wonderful Life... it'll be interesting to see if I love the movie as much when I am NOT a bottle in 😅😅🙄... not really, I know i do, but it'll feel strange... you know? I am not worried about drinking this weekend as I have religiously taken the antabuse since Monday (especially on the days when that little voice told me "just skip it tonight. You can take it tomorrow " ; 20 minutes ago, for example. Yeah. Nice try AV. Im NOT falling for THAT again!) , just worried about how i will FEEL about not drinking, if that makes sense....

Canuckleman45 12-22-2017 08:38 PM

Totally. I usually have to wrap stocking stuffers. And that required a lot of beer the last few years. So this will be different this year.

Canuckleman45 12-22-2017 08:40 PM

I like watching The Ref, or Home Alone. LOL. Christmas Day is always national lampoons

KG77 12-22-2017 08:43 PM

Oh no. Christmas day is for Christmas Story!!! 🎄🎁
I like Home Alone too.

Canuckleman45 12-22-2017 08:45 PM

chick flick! blech!!!! I sent u a chat msg

KG77 12-22-2017 08:47 PM

Christmas Story is not a chick flick lmao!

JustTony 12-22-2017 09:51 PM

I'm trying not to think about the next four or five days in terms of drinking at all. I really just try and think of today and what I am going to do (or not do!)

If I think too many days in advance then I imagine too many hurdles. Then it becomes daunting. So I just don't do that.

Having said that I do think that this is different from having a plan. There are certain people, events and habits I have decided NOT to do over this Christmas - informed everyone - and left those plans/cancellations right there without any further thought. Now I can just concentrate on each 24 hours in isolation.

Regards,

JT