Notices

Weekender Thread--Tis' the Season

Old 12-24-2017, 02:56 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas to all - especially those not feeling so great or not so secure - you're not alone

D
Old 12-24-2017, 03:17 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  

I’ve got the Three Wise Guys at my house tonight: my sons have come bearing gifts from the South!

We’ve been having a great time catching up—smoking good cigars while drinking coffee and listening to Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga in the background.

In a few minutes we’ll have buffet-style chili for dinner.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Merry Christmas Weekenders! Santa is cleared for take off.

telink - all the best to you and Mrs tekink, I hope you both fell better asap.

Gilmer that sounds like a perfect evening.
Old 12-24-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone.

Was just getting all emotional about all the great people on this site just trying to help others in their moment of true need.

Dee, Anna, Scott, and all the rest who do the good work less formally (you know who you are) thank you, from all of us to all of you.
Old 12-24-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Hey all - sound like lots of people are having quite the time. I am snug in my house - freezing rain outside and maybe snow later tonite. I am so grateful to have my little home, my cats, to be sitting here sober snacking on veggies and dip, watching Netflix. I'm also grateful for the wonderful people who inhabit this snug home online. A couple of months ago I was welcomed with open arms and hugs. I can get emotional about it too.... I'm still in the beginning stage and I don't know that I would be sober right now if it weren't for you guys and SR.

Merry Merry Christmas ♥
Old 12-24-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Love reading these posts! Stay warm (and close!) everyone
Old 12-24-2017, 06:08 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I'm all set for tomorrow, presents wrapped, food prepared, tomorrow is a list of my Dad's family, aunts/uncles/cousins, I'll be visiting and here in Ireland, gallons of tea will be consumed haha!!

I'll then visit my dad, and at his graveside have a laugh and a joke with him, he was soo funny at times, he's top of my Xmas day list!!

Then onwards to my mum's, to spend time with my Sister and my Brother in law for Xmas dinner.

Merry Xmas everyone!!

Old 12-24-2017, 07:55 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

All went well after I got over my initial shock. I didn't have to deal with any cravings (thank goodness) but I certainly did feel blind sided. On the positive, I was able to express my feelings and make it better understood how much I value my sobriety. In all reality, this is my issue and I can't expect everyone to change to suit me. However, I still stand firm on not having it sitting around in the house.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:58 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
Mr

05:58 merry Christmas from France
Old 12-25-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning. Merry Xmas. English breakfast here.
Old 12-25-2017, 02:13 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Yuletide greetings & much love to all

keep yourselves safe & warm today everyone xx
Old 12-25-2017, 06:23 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas weekenders!
Old 12-25-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Six AM in the PNW. We have snow. The good kind! Two-three inches and sticking to the trees. First white Christmas in many years. Excellent. It won't cause traffic problems for those traveling today but it's really beautiful.

Be safe today weekenders. It's just a day, no need to drink today.

Happy Birthday baby Jesus.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Happy Christmas to those who celebrate it
Happy day to everyone no matter what

Shout out to HaS, Tetra, MB and our many friends here on Weekenders

Take care and love yourself and your significant others

Old 12-25-2017, 08:10 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Happy Christmas to everyone who celebrates and happy weekend to us all.
8 hours ago I started cooking.... now the P household are all splodged on chairs looking fit to burst!!!
Next ... the dishes....
Xxx
Old 12-25-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Happy Christmas to all!

The last time my brother was home in September I could have sworn that he said he would be back on December 21st, but my father got a text from him on Monday 18th to say "I have arrived in Dublin and I am on a bus to collect the car". I was at work that day but I gather it was panic station for my parents as the tree wasn't even decorated

Anyway Christmas was ok. My mother gets into a panic about anything to do with my sister in law, and my mother has a bad cold so my father did a lot of the cleaning and I got roped into doing some of the cooking. My sister in law doesn't have a lot of holiday time to she arrived in Dublin Christmas Eve morning. We had our 'turkey day' on Christmas Eve night and now they have gone to her parents for more turkey and they will be flying out on the 29th. So it's unlikely they will be back again before the departure. My mother drives my insane but she had tears in her eyes as they left. My brother said "don't worry, I will be home in July 2018 but (his wife) probably won't be home again until December 2018'. That sounds kind of final and so far away. I mean we could all be dead by then really.

On Friday last I was feeling very tired, then my consultant came in and handed me a card and left again. After I opened it a cheque for 150 euros fell out which was very generous of him and much appreciated by me. My brother said to me "why don't you visit us for a weekend? Aer Lingus are starting direct flights from Dublin to Philadelphia next April?" So I think I will look towards that and put the 150 into a holiday fund. I need something to aim for. I haven't left these shores for about 3 and a half years.

Anyway at least Christmas passed off ok. Last year I found the tension in the house to be unbearable and my mother even told me she doesn't like my sister in law but this year it wasn't so noticeable or else I am just letting everything go over my head, I am not sure.

I guess New Year's Eve will be the next hurdle as that night is the worst night for me personally.

I spent today going for a walk and finishing off leftovers and the stilton cheese my father had in the fridge. I will start exercising on January 2nd.
Old 12-25-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Mr

Always a pleasure to read you tetra. I bet you will fly over that next hurdle....

Well I'm off back into work today.
France needs me.

Vinny.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:59 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone, I hope all the Weekenders had a good day.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:41 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

1st time ever I've made it through Xmas sober! I'm feeling really good about it, my partner keeps offering me and asking if I'm gonna have a wine, the answer is always no.. I now understand that he doesn't get it as he is a normal drinker. I'm not ready to talk with him about it either, I have in the past and the response was that I needed to drink more but less often..
I'm happy with not drinking and thats the only thing that matters..
Old 12-26-2017, 02:14 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Mr

Way to go Red !
We are happy with your not drinking too