Notices

Weekender Thread--Tis' the Season

Old 12-22-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
I am in!

I hope you are feeling better HealthyandSober. Please check in when you can.

I reached out to someone and had some major rejection! I had a cry about it and now I am done feeling sorry for myself. I am going to have a good weekend. At least my heart isn't hard right?

I hope everyone has a nice Christmas. Stay close to SR and this thread if you need too!! It will help a lot.
(((Midwest))) ♥

Gulp....it hurts.
And your heart is beautiful love.
Old 12-22-2017, 06:39 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Aww thanks Suze Hugs to you and Happy Christmas love x
Old 12-22-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hugs and love back dear Zanna. ♥♥

Old 12-22-2017, 06:51 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Absolutely wonderful weekender starter post Hawkeye!

I will not drink today and I will not change my mind.

Happy holidays to all the weekenders past and present!

I have made so many friends here that I would never trade for anything. They keep me strong!

Ken
Old 12-22-2017, 07:17 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze!
Old 12-22-2017, 07:18 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I am a true newbie here... hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Midwest1981 View Post
I am in!

I reached out to someone and had some major rejection! I had a cry about it and now I am done feeling sorry for myself. I am going to have a good weekend. At least my heart isn't hard right?

I hope everyone has a nice Christmas. Stay close to SR and this thread if you need too!! It will help a lot.
It's wonderful your heart is open and loving.
You will find that love returned Midwest because you are willing to take such risks--Happy Holidays
Old 12-22-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Finito I have finished work for the last time in 2017! I don't go back in until 2nd Jan.

Great to see you Midwest, i'm sorry that the person you reached out to refused your kindness, it is their loss.

HaS i'm hoping you are sleeping now. I know you will feel terrible now but there are so many ppsitives you can take, the most important one (imo) is that you now have experience of living alcohol free and know that you can do it. You have been under a lot of pressure recently with the job and everything which pushed you back into your old way of coping - which of course is not coping at all. Shake it off and come out fighting, new year, new job, new you.

tiredwoman, my youngest daughter lives with her mum and I have sort of been avoiding her recently (long story) but she is working tomorrow and going out with friends in the evening. I will go to where she works tomorrow though during the week she is a mature student (23 doesn't sound very mature to me no does 24) - she claims to be hard up but has just spent money on a non running beaten up old Porsche which has caused a bit of friction between her and her mum. Her mum in turn blamed me for encouraging her which is a bit harsh.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FallingStars View Post
I am a true newbie here... hope everyone has a great weekend.
.....with a beautiful username and avatar.

Welcome!!! ♥♥♥♥
Old 12-22-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Finito I have finished work for the last time in 2017! I don't go back in until 2nd Jan.

Great to see you Midwest, i'm sorry that the person you reached out to refused your kindness, it is their loss.

HaS i'm hoping you are sleeping now. I know you will feel terrible now but there are so many ppsitives you can take, the most important one (imo) is that you now have experience of living alcohol free and know that you can do it. You have been under a lot of pressure recently with the job and everything which pushed you back into your old way of coping - which of course is not coping at all. Shake it off and come out fighting, new year, new job, new you.

tiredwoman, my youngest daughter lives with her mum and I have sort of been avoiding her recently (long story) but she is working tomorrow and going out with friends in the evening. I will go to where she works tomorrow though during the week she is a mature student (23 doesn't sound very mature to me no does 24) - she claims to be hard up but has just spent money on a non running beaten up old Porsche which has caused a bit of friction between her and her mum. Her mum in turn blamed me for encouraging her which is a bit harsh.
Your daughter is only two years older than me . What is she studying?
Old 12-22-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Glad to see you Falling Star! Welcome to the thread

Wonderful to see you Weasel--how's life in Maine?

We're splitting wood now for the Arctic blast you're sending us.
Hoping for snow out of it though--been awhile since a white X-mas
Old 12-22-2017, 07:34 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Geez sao, you're not done fixing that car yet?

H&S. Shake it off. If it was me, I'd find a new job and leave that one behind. I don't do well at jobs that treat their employees poorly either.

Definitely not worth drinking at, though.

Weasel, "hi."

Okay, I'm out. I probably need to finish my first cup of coffee...

Old 12-22-2017, 08:24 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Must admit I'm feeling a bit Bah Humbug about Christmas this year. I have been laid very low by a nasty virus all week and I'm hopelessly behind on all preparations. I have almost all gifts bought, but my tree is not up, nothing is wrapped, my house is a mess, and people are coming to my house Monday for brunch and gifts. If only I had a few extra days. It will all have to get done somehow but right now all I want to do is crawl under the covers until it's over.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

MLD, didn't you see the Christmas warning signs at Halloween? hahaha

Put up a tree, put a few candles out - that is all. The neighbor down the street has enough decorations for the entire neighborhood. We were joking about just putting up a small arrow sign in the yard pointing to their house. Got most of my xmas shopping done. Got the queen a special xmas gift this year and a few 'trinkets'. Still have to shop for myself though. The fam decided that instead of buying each other gifts we don't want - I still have a new shirt I've yet to wear from 2 xmasses ago - and pool our money to be Santa for a needy family. So we got a family name from social services that really needs help and adopted them for xmas. We'll continue this tradition going forward. So instead of 'wasting' money on undesirable xmas gifts, the money will be put to good use. Of course I always pass out deer meat when I have enough, and this year I have plenty.
Merry Christmas to all. Watch out for yourself, cause only you can make sure nobody pours a drink down your throat, including you.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders FallingStars!

tw my daughteris studying some sort of fashion and media combo - the full title was too long and complicated for me to remember or understand if i'm honest.

bim lol! yes I am slacking, I have not even seen it yet.

MLD that's really bad timing but don't try to be a super hero and do too much.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

oh why not?
Old 12-22-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Welcome to Weekenders FallingStars!

tw my daughteris studying some sort of fashion and media combo - the full title was too long and complicated for me to remember or understand if i'm honest.

bim lol! yes I am slacking, I have not even seen it yet.

MLD that's really bad timing but don't try to be a super hero and do too much.
I am doing economics. Final year. Can't wait to finish but my parents tell me once I go into the real world, I will miss university. We will see.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Earth Child

happy Christmas everyone ....hope you all have a good one
Old 12-22-2017, 10:51 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

Hi weekenders! Looks like I am fashionably late to the party

sao -me too- a couple of hours ago I clocked out for the last time in 2017. No more work until Jan 2nd. The cats were glad to see me home early and I am going to relax like no tomorrow this weekend!!

I stopped by the store and got some celery and carrots and a container of sour cream and the hidden valley ranch dip mix. Some potato chips and the biggest head of cabbage ever (for new year's ) I have a case of root beer to drink by the end of the year - going back to drinking lots of water next year. I also have ice cream. So I'm snacking my way thru the weekend and making plans for next year's healthier eating. Trying to figure out a show to binge watch on Netflix.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
.....with a beautiful username and avatar.

Welcome!!! ♥♥♥♥
Than you (blush)