Notices

help please

Old 12-20-2017, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Earth Child

help please

please help am not drunk and i havent taken anything apart from my medication i am feeling very scared feel like am going backwards fear that am going to kill myself i see my dr tomorrow morning i cant sleep
want to pick up this time of year triggers meso much
scared ill kill myself while my husband sleeps he dont know what goes on in my mind i want to be dead or out of my face
i need help wanting to cut want to not be here anymore the thing about this i was happy an hour ago
Old 12-20-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You need to tell your husband. He will be glad you did—he seems to love you very much. Hang on!

Go to the emergency room if you need to—don’t hesitate!
Old 12-20-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wake your husband up and tell him what you are telling us , You need support and he will be there for you I’m sure

Best wishes to you
Old 12-20-2017, 03:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Tell someone. Get your phone and call the first friend who cares about you. Your husband would be best but, call someone.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Earth Child

woke my husband up and called a mental health helpline ...my husband says i should go to bed and try and relax am too awake
this time of year is very hard for me i feel i need to be with my step dad but he's dead he killed himself 6 years ago in September
Old 12-20-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks for posting. We all care. If you can't relax call the mental help line again. If you need more help dial for an ambulence. You huband doesn't know what is going on inside of you. I think it was selfish to tell you to relax. But, it was a great first step. Keep seeking treatment. It will be worth it.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you woke your husband. Allow him to help you through this. I'm sorry this is such a tough time for you.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Earth Child

want to go to AA my husband is against it saying i tried it before and i didnt stick to it the reason when i went to AA i felt my mind was on drink more and he says i dont need to be reminded of that
i want to go to a meeting today he will not let me he says we are too busy
maybe on Friday
at the moment i feel so weak with wanting to use and get drink my husband dont see my addiction as a problem
Old 12-20-2017, 10:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Sounds like your husband is a normal drinker. They have no idea what it's like. Call AA central, they can help you. Were you able to get some sleep?
Old 12-20-2017, 11:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Earth Child

very little sleep went to bed at 1.30 am woke up again at 5.30 am
my sleeping habits are bad i keep getting up very early in the morning
all i do when i get up is drink tea and try to feel ok where am scared need some comfort but my husband is sleeping he needs sleep but am scared i may hurt myself am a self injurer as well i have a lot of mental health problems on top of everything else i could wake my husband up but he needs to sleep and normally i feel guilty that i woke him up and he half a sleep for the rest of the day he is my full time carer as i cant look after myself i can hardly go out on my own as sometimes am a danger to myself
Old 12-21-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are an adult. You don't need your husbands permission for self-care. Instead of asking him if you can go, how about telling him that you are going.

In the meantime don't forget about the AA hotline. Why not give them a call. Someone will be there now.

BB
Old 12-21-2017, 12:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Please get professional help.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

DA. Do you have a key worker if these are ongoing mental health issues? I know your husband is your full time carer, but mental health issues themselves are complex and he will not be equipped to manage these episodes. Just stopping you from hurting yoyrself is not the same as managing your mental health as a professional would do. Please get an emergency appointment with your doctor so they can try to get you the help you need.
BB

PS calling Samaritans to talk when you feel desperate into night might be a good call, as they're trained to deal with this situation (unlike hubby) and are less likely to be so dismissive.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Perhaps some of these sites could have useful informations for you as well...

Edinburgh Self Harm Project ? Penumbra

Chooselife -Choose Life - Suicide prevention in Scotland

http://www.nhslothian.scot.nhs.uk/Se...s/default.aspx

Breathing Space. Open up when you are feeling down - call 0800 83 85 87
Old 12-21-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi DarkAsylum, I hope you can access som professional help, someone with a real understanding of your sitiation. There is some good advice on this thread. I wish you all the best.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi DarkAsylum, my partner suffers from mental health issues, too. I think you need to consult your GP and be honest about how you are feeling? You've not supplied much information on any medication you may be using. I don't think compounding your problems with alcohol is going to help and I suspect that you know that. I hope your problems lift and you find some peace.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel a little better today DA?

D
Old 12-22-2017, 01:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Dark Asylum. I hope you have managed to get some rest and are accessing the support you need. It sounds like you are having a really rough time but we are all here for you. Love and best wishes. Gabe x
Old 12-22-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just a reach out to say hello and I hope you are feeling a bit better today DA--
I think an extra appointment during the holiday time to your doctor for some support
might be a good idea.
It's really tough during the holidays, isn't it?
Old 12-22-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Earth Child

doing better at the moment went to a sober cafe yesterday there are some groups and i have decided to go to NA instead of AA as i have a few issues today is my birthday just hanging out at home for the day no drinking anything stronger than coffee my husband is in denal of my problems he dont know am been struggiling for so long i dont know how to tell him i have to go there all the time good thing is on new years eve am going to the cafe for a party with my husband no drink no drugs also going to a friends house for Christmas but his friend might be drinking and am unsure if this friend will take no for answer